My name is Maureen Tuitt . I provide online/telephone counselling
I help you with depression, anxiety, trauma, abuse and relationship issues
- Do you feel alone and Isolated?
- Do you feel confused?
- Do you ask yourself the question “Who am I after the emotional Injury?”
- Do you struggle with feelings of emptiness, depression, grief or loss?
How counselling can help you?
- Ways to overcome symptoms like depression or anxiety
- Guidance on moving on from challenging situations
- Help in acknowledging and accepting difficult realities, like loss or long-term illness
- Practical tools for pain management
- Support in coping with a dramatic lifestyle change, leading to a brighter future and emotional healing
- Techniques that allow you to articulate feelings and influence behaviour
- Real-life experience of clinical negligence – I’ve been there and know what it’s like
I am a Humanistic Integrative therapist with over 20 years of counselling experience.
I have experience of supporting clients with a range of different issues including abuse, relationship issues, loss, grief, anxiety and depression.
I have a particular interest in providing counselling to clients who have experienced post operative depression or clinical negligence This is where there has been a low standard of care by a doctor, nurse or healthcare professional maybe an operation which has gone wrong, misdiagnosis or wrong medication.
As a result you may have had a physical injury and in addition may experience emotional pain
Contact me on 07939 455577 or email here to see how I can support you.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a fully qualified counsellor with over 20 years of counselling experience. I trained with CPPD BACP accredited course. I worked at NSPCC as a Children service practitioner working with children and parents for many years, Victims helpline and Basement project helping vulnerable young people and adults. I also set up counselling support for young carers.
- Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling
- Diploma in humanistic integrative counselling
- Certificate in counselling
- BA (hons) degree Woman's Studies and Sociology
Continuous professional Development:
- UK Psychological Trauma Society Annual Regional Conference on Trauma.
- Nafsiyat Intercultural therapy
- Responding to Domestic Violence
- Advanced Safeguarding
I am registered member with BACP and therefore follow their guidelines on confidentiality, code of ethics and good practice.
I have worked with adults, young people and children, with organisations such as NSPCC, basement project, mental health services and with victims of crime.I have worked with clients who have experienced abuse, mental health issues and with clients who experienced PTSD. These experiences have enabled me to use utilize my skills by tailoring the therapeutic approach for clients who have experienced clinical negligence.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Fees £60-for individual sessions.
I provide counselling on a short term and open ended basis.
Sessions are usually weekly and last 60 minutes
Payments via insurance accepted
I offer a free initial (15 minutes) phone consultation to help you decide if this could be for you - please ring me on 07939 455577
Enquiry hours 10-5pm Monday Friday. Flexible appointment times weekdays, evenings and Saturday mornings.
Online and telephone counselling