Matt Fox - Psychosynthesis Counsellor MBACP (Accred)
The Nautilus Rooms
35a Fore Street
Get your free checklist - 30 Signs You Were Raised By A Narcissist here:
Recover from the past, live for the future
Hi, I’m Matt.
Thanks for visiting my profile. I’m one of the UK’s only specialists in counselling for parental narcissistic abuse and Childhood Emotional Neglect.
If you’re here, you may have already come to the conclusion you were parented by either a mother,father or caregiver on the narcissistic spectrum and you experienced narcissistic abuse during your childhood. Or maybe you experienced an emotionally neglectful childhood with a parent or caregiver who wasn't able to give you what you needed or see you for who you really are.
You may well already have an understanding of why your relationship with your parent can be so difficult and the ripple effects it has on the rest of your life. Being parented by someone on the narcissistic spectrum or who is emotionally neglectful can have a profound impact on your adult life, including leaving you to:
- Continually second guess yourself
- Have low self-esteem and confidence
- Often feel empty inside
- Feel like you are an outsider
- Tend to be a people pleaser and a perfectionist
- Struggle to know what your own feelings are
- Be conflict avoidant or very quick to rage
- Be very independent and find it hard to ask for help
- Find it very hard to trust and relationships can be fraught with difficulties
What might be troubling you now
These and many other characteristics are typical outcomes of being parented by a narcissist. This type of parenting can lead, in later life, to:
- Co-dependency or isolation
- Fear of intimacy and lack of trust
- Suicidal feelings
- Anger / passive aggression
- Numbing activities including addictive or compulsive behaviour
You may be seeking counselling to help with any or all of these feelings.
Find hope for now and the future
I specialise in supporting adults who’ve experienced this type of parenting and other forms of Childhood Emotional Neglect to help them:
- Make sense of their past
- Rediscover their self-esteem
- Learn to trust their intuition
- Help them set realistic and appropriate boundaries
- Negotiate more healthy relationships with their families, partners, friends and colleagues
- Increase their sense of freedom and choice
You can find out more about Childhood Emotional Neglect here:
and Childhood / Parental Narcissistic Abuse here:
I work face to face on and online via Skype. Please get in contact for a free initial consultation on the phone via the email contact at the top of this page or calling / texting me on 07443 640556.
How I work
My approach is called integrative Psychosynthesis. In short, this means I don’t just help you recover from past and current hurt, but help you embrace your future potential.
It’s a gentle, soulful way to help you feel more empowered at handling life’s problems… ‘Psychology with a soul,’ if you like. It’s a way to help you find inner strength and peace – plus help you connect with what the ‘whole’ of you really longs for.
Using an integrative approach, I draw on creative and well established therapeutic techniques – everything from Mindfulness and Gestalt therapy, to Psychodynamic and Transpersonal approaches.
Always respecting that your needs come first, I’ll ask the questions that matter, shine a light on your choices, and help you see the bigger picture in a compassionate, gentle way.
Take the next step
If it feels daunting to reach out to someone new, you'll find I’m down-to-earth and on your side from the start.
Before making a decision, let’s chat together on a free 15 minute call. And then, if you choose counselling, you can meet me face to face or online, and we’ll work gently through your stuff at your pace.
Wherever we work together - either face to face in Totnes or online - I’ll help you look forward to a future full of hope.
To arrange this, simply text or call 07443 640556 now, or email if you prefer.
Training, qualifications & experience
Qualifications and Training:
- Post Graduate Diploma Psychosynthesis Counselling (Level 7)
- Certificate in Taking Therapy Outdoors
- MA Degree
- PhD Doctorate Degree
Experience and Credentials
- Accredited and Registered member of the BACP
- Fully insured, supervised
- Before relocating to Devon, I ran a successful counselling practice in Brighton
- Bi-nationality, multi-cultural experience
- High stress work environments – including public/private sector
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Pregnancy and birth
Other areas of counselling I deal with
The great outdoors can be deeply soothing. Proven to reduce anxiety, being outside offers a wonderfully therapeutic experience if you love nature...
Skilfully trained in counselling outdoors, I offer Ecotherapy sessions in south Devon which blend the power of counselling with the healing power of nature.
Please get in touch to find out more about how this transformational therapy could change your life.
Photos & videos
£75 per 50 min session.
- 10 things you should really know about anger
- The hidden impact of cumulative loss
- Push me, pull you – the impossible dilemma for children of narcissistic parents
- What’s wrong with me? The impact of childhood emotional neglect
- Why do you never feel good enough? How narcissistic parents drain self-esteem
- Why is my relationship with mum or dad so difficult?
- Five questions to ask if you're considering counselling
I hope that’s given you a flavour of what professional counselling with me offers. When you are ready to step beyond the hurt to a better place, I’m here for you.
Simply text/call 07443 640556, or email me through the link just below.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Thursday 9am to 6pm.
Types of client