Matt Moore - MBACP
I have been counselling for 15 years across two continents, as well as training mentors with a high degree of success without wanting to break the bank of people's budgets.
Do you want effective counselling for yourself, your children (teens),you and your partner or are you struggling with confidence in your sport, and need support with a high success rate? Then look no further. Not only do I offer a service which covers counselling in a wide variety of areas (see list below), I also can offer a range of approaches such as humanistic, all religious (specialising in Christian) and a unique service I offer in mentoring, which is a more relaxed and less formal version of counseling and can be more focused on helping with more general challenges in life, like support with outside services and budgeting etc.
- Counselling young people in all areas including mental health and behavioural disorders
- Family counselling and parent/child interventions
- Marriage counselling, including pre-marital
- Mental health counselling for adults, young people, couples, university and college students.
- Overcoming abuse therapy for teens and upwards
- Family and school/college interventions or support
- Budgeting for all ages
- Grief counselling teens, students, adults
- Self-harm and suicide, teens, students, adults
- Mentoring teens, students and adults
- Parent support groups
- Adult/child support groups
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- CBT ( cognitive behavioural therapy)
- Confidence building and better focus in sport.
I offer the counselling either at my location in Padiham or I can come to your home or another location of your choosing.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Master in counselling
- Bachelors in counselling
- Diploma in counseling
- Certificate in counseling
- Parent facilitation training
- level 3 Diploma in CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy)
- level 3 Diploma in PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome)
- Training while working for Mind in Croydon (mental health charity)
- Over 20 years of youth work experience
- Over 10 years of youth, family, parent and couple counselling experience
- Aided a school to set up a mental health programme and network for their pupils
- Schools counselling
- Running both youth, adult and parent support groups
- Training mentors/written own training programme.
- Counselled an US Army veteran and other individuals with PTSD
- Sports therapy (CBT for sports people).
I have written training material for the SMASH project run by the NHS in East Yorkshire on mental health.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Any issues facing young people
- Family interventions
- Anxiety at school and study related stress
- £35ph - adult/couples/family/parent-child counselling
- £30ph - young person counselling (will be willing to meet the child at the school, with the school's consent)
- £20ph - for mentoring (+reasonable expenses)
Special rates will be considered for those on benefits or students.
Cancellation of appointments must be made at least 24 hours in advance.
Outdoor therapy (same cost).
Group activity therapy geared around specific interests (Groups of 1-2 same as normal session price, 2+ £15 per session plus cost of facility usage or equipment hire (cost will be kept to a minimum for this)
Sport Therapy £20 ph plus cost of venue if needed
I can offer sessions via video call if you are located in a different area and travel is an issue (same fees apply).
I offer coaching and advice if you want to explore what you want your 'next chapter' to look like (same fees apply).
I have an Enhanced DBS.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|