Freedom Counselling (Matt Moore MA MBACP)
The counselling i offer is centred around you. I have been counselling for 15 years across two continents, as well as training mentors with a high degree of success without wanting to break the bank of people's budgets. As such please contact me if you cant afford the hourly rate, as I can negatiate on it a little. As Im a person who puts the care of the individual first.
I bring effective counselling for
Teens and Children
Couples and Families,
People struggling in life and in sport.
Then Not only do I offer a service which covers counselling in a wide variety of areas (see list below), I also can offer a range of approaches such as Person centered, Christian, and a unique service I offer in mentoring, which is a more relaxed and less formal version of counseling and can be more focused on helping with more general challenges in life, like support with outside services and budgeting etc.
- Counselling young people in all areas including mental health and behavioural disorders
- Family counselling and parent/child interventions
- Marriage counselling, including pre-marital
- Mental health counselling for adults, young people, couples, university and college students.
- Overcoming abuse therapy for teens and upwards
- Family and school/college interventions or support
- Budgeting for all ages
- Grief counselling teens, students, adults
- Self-harm and suicide, teens, students, adults
- Mentoring teens, students and adults
- Parent support groups
- Adult/child support groups
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- CBT ( cognitive behavioural therapy)
- Confidence building and better focus in sport.
I offer the counselling either at my location in Padiham or I can come to your home or another location of your choosing.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Master in counselling
- Bachelors in counselling
- Diploma in counseling
- Certificate in counseling
- Parent facilitation training
- level 3 Diploma in CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy)
- level 3 Diploma in PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome)
- Level 3 Diploma in Mental Health and Young People.
- Training while working for Mind in Croydon (mental health charity)
- Over 20 years of youth work experience
- Over 10 years of youth, family, parent and couple counselling experience
- Aided a school to set up a mental health programme and network for their pupils
- Schools counselling
- Running both youth, adult and parent support groups
- Training mentors/written own training programme.
- Counselled an US Army veteran and other individuals with PTSD
- Sports therapy (CBT for sports people).
I have written training material for the SMASH project run by the NHS in East Yorkshire on mental health.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Any issues facing young people
- Family interventions
- Anxiety at school and study related stress
- £25ph - adult/couples/family/parent-child counselling
- £15ph - young person counselling (will be willing to meet the child at the school, with the school's consent)
- £15ph - for mentoring (+reasonable expenses)
Special rates will be considered for those on benefits or students.
Cancellation of appointments must be made at least 24 hours in advance.
Outdoor therapy (same cost).
I can offer sessions via video call if you are located in a different area and travel is an issue (same fees apply).
I offer coaching and advice if you want to explore what you want your 'next chapter' to look like (same fees apply).
I have an Enhanced DBS.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|