Mary Shepherd. MNCS (Acc). Prof Dip Therapeutic Counselling
Thank you for taking the time to read my profile.
Healing doesn't mean the damage never existed.
It means the damage no longer controls our lives.
I offer therapeutic counselling in a safe, confidential and non-judgmental environment to help you come to terms and manage whatever is bothering you at the moment.
Together, we will explore what is happening for you and our aim will be for you to better understand and accept yourself.
This will enable you to develop and grow in your own way, to strengthen and expand your own identity and to become the person that you 'really' are independently of the pressures of others to act or think in particular ways.
The past cannot be changed, but together, our understanding of it can give you insight into the present allowing you to take control of your future and enable you to live the life you choose.
Your 'Today', doesn't have to be dominated by your past.
I offer counselling to adults and children, individuals and couples.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Professional Diploma in Person-Centred Counselling.
- Certificate in Couples Counselling (BCS)
- Awareness in Bereavement Care (CRUSE) & (OCNW).
- Children and Young People's Bereavement Support Course (CRUSE).
- Accredited bereavement worker (OCNW).
- Certificate in Counselling Skills.
- Certificate in Counselling Skills and Theory.
- Numerous short courses, including working creatively.
- Accreditation with The National Counselling Society.
- Membership of the Hampshire Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Licentiate of Trinity College of Music, London; Teaching Diploma. (L.T.C.L. T.D.)
- Registered Instructor with The General Teaching Council (GTC).
- CRB checked and holder of enhanced CRB certificate.
I have experience of working with issues such as grief, traumatic grief, children’s grief, anxiety, guilt, miscarriage, depression, low self esteem, stress, addictions, CFS/ME, sexual abuse, adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse, OCD, personal development, relationship issues and working with couples.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
I offer prospective clients a short, free assessment session where we can meet and you can ask any questions you may have. Then, without any obligation, you can decide what you would like to do.
The fee for each 50 minutes session for individuals is £40, with concessions for counselling students.
The fee for couples is £60 for 1 hour sessions.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|