Mary McCann MBACP Accred AMBICA
It takes a leap of faith to make contact with a counsellor and then it is important for you to feel safe,confidential and supported without judgement for you to be able to start to work together.It is therefore wise to book an initial consultation to see how you feel with the person and for me to assess if I am the right person to help you.
I am able to see individuals and couples for face to face counselling,telephone, and video contact.
Here are 4 reasons to choose me as your counsellor.
1. I have over 20 years experience as a general trained counsellor in all the areas listed on my profile below.
2. I have reasonable fees for the private sector which reflect my wish to provide counselling which is affordable to all. The building has free parking for appointments and is a disabled friendly access
3.I am a practicing specialist in counselling individuals and couples with relationship and fertility issues.I work in a licenced fertility clinic several days a week supporting people having assisted conception treatments.
4, I work closely with the oncology team at the Chaucer hospital offering counselling for people living with cancer.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am an accredited member of BACP.
I am an accredited member of the British infertility counselling association
I have 23years experience of working with long term clients in the NHS and I also have short term solution focussed contract work for employee assisted programmes. I work two days a week as a fertility counsellor in a licenced clinic
I have a private practise.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
Individual fee per hour £60
couple fee per hour £75
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
by request no direct phone calls please
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|