Mary McCann MBACP Accred AMBICA
The Chaucer Hospital
It takes a leap of faith to make contact with a counsellor and then it is important for you to feel safe,confidential and supported without judgement for you to be able to start to work together.It is therefore wise to book an initial consultation to see how you feel with the person and for me to assess if I am the right person to help you.
I am able to see individuals and couples for face to face counselling,telephone and skype contact.
Here are 4 reasons to choose me as your counsellor.
1. I have 18 years experience as a general trained counsellor in all the areas listed on my profile below.
2. I have reasonable fees for the private sector which reflect my wish to provide counselling which is affordable to all.
3.I am a practicing specialist in counselling individuals and couples with relationship and fertility issues.
4.I have extensive experience of working with companies to support individuals with work related stress.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am an accredited member of BACP.
I am an accredited member of the British infertility counselling association
I have 23years experience of working with long term clients in the NHS and I also have short term solution focussed contract work for employee assisted programmes.
I have a private practise
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Individual fee per hour £50
couple fee per hour £60
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|