Mary Halliday, Counsellor:i ONLINE OR TELEPHONE COUNSELLING ONLY AT PRESENT.
- I work in Penzance town centre, right near the bus and train station and one of the main car parks. Appointments are available evenings and weekends as well as Tuesday or Thursday daytime.
- I may also be able to see you in Goldsithney at certain times if that is more convenient.
- Please read on or visit my website (link above) for fuller details.
- I work as a person-centred counsellor, which means putting you at the centre of all our work together.
- Counselling is about change, growth, about enabling each individual to find his/her own way in a world that seems sometimes difficult, sometimes stressful, and sometimes cruel.
- Dealing with difficult situations in our lives can lead us to become anxious, depressed, confused, angry, subdued, sad, desperate, to name just a few of the emotions we can experience.
- The situations or influences which have led you to where you are right now might be very subtle over a long period of time and therefore difficult to pinpoint or understand. Your mind might be going round and round in circles trying to figure out why you don't feel right.
- Or sometimes blatant control or abuse now or in the past has brought you to the point where you need help to sort out your thoughts or feelings around your situation, your self, and other people.
- When considering counselling, one person might have a particular goal in mind, another may be unsure what he or she wants.
- As your counsellor, I offer you a safe and confidential environment, where we can work together to find your way through the tangled thoughts and emotions, and help you to develop a real strength to be true to yourself.
I bring to my counselling my life experience and a strong love of humanity.
My formal training has built on this to enable me to provide you with a truly professional service..
Training, qualifications & experience
Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling awarded by CPCAB
Member of BACP
Counsellor at the Blue Lotus Therapy Centre near Redruth
Voluntary Counsellor at Richmond House Mental Health Centre
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
I charge £35.00 per hour.