Mary Halliday: Friendly professional help in a calm confidential environment.
Market Jew Street
- I work in Penzance town centre, right near the bus and train station and one of the main car parks. Appointments are available evenings and weekends as well as Tuesday or Thursday daytime.
- I may also be able to see you in Goldsithney at certain times if that is more convenient.
- Please read on or visit my website (link above) for fuller details.
- I work as a person-centred counsellor, which means putting you at the centre of all our work together.
- Counselling is about change, growth, about enabling each individual to find his/her own way in a world that seems sometimes difficult, sometimes stressful, and sometimes cruel.
- Dealing with difficult situations in our lives can lead us to become anxious, depressed, confused, angry, subdued, sad, desperate, to name just a few of the emotions we can experience.
- The situations or influences which have led you to where you are right now might be very subtle over a long period of time and therefore difficult to pinpoint or understand. Your mind might be going round and round in circles trying to figure out why you don't feel right.
- Or sometimes blatant control or abuse now or in the past has brought you to the point where you need help to sort out your thoughts or feelings around your situation, your self, and other people.
- When considering counselling, one person might have a particular goal in mind, another may be unsure what he or she wants.
- As your counsellor, I offer you a safe and confidential environment, where we can work together to find your way through the tangled thoughts and emotions, and help you to develop a real strength to be true to yourself.
I bring to my counselling my life experience and a strong love of humanity.
My formal training has built on this to enable me to provide you with a truly professional service..
Training, qualifications & experience
Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling awarded by CPCAB
Member of BACP
Counsellor at the Blue Lotus Therapy Centre near Redruth
Voluntary Counsellor at Richmond House Mental Health Centre
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
I charge £35.00 per hour.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Appointments available evenings or weekends as well as daytime on Tuesdays and Thursdays.