Martha Attard-Ferrito specialising in CBT (BABCP accredited) & EMDR
Making the decision to come to therapy or to seek help can be very difficult for some. My clinical approach at Mindspace Therapy-Studio is to safely and gently work together towards your emotional and mental wellbeing. I believe that each one of us is unique and therefore I aim to tailor the therapy to your individual needs. Often, a few different techniques are used to explore your situation. I am dedicated to the clients I see and my vision is to help you feel empowered to improve aspects of your life and to make the choices that make the most sense for you.
I help people with various life problems and psychological difficulties, including depression, anxiety, generalised anxiety disorder, relationship issues, panic, phobias, OCD, low self-esteem, anger and traumatic abuse.
I provide effective, time-limited, solution-focused approaches adhering to the highest ethical standards.
My focus is on providing clients psychological evidence based solutions including:
- One-to-one psychological assessment as well as individual psychotherapy and counselling.
- Alongside CBT, I also offer EMDR which can be used to treat Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) cases as well as a range of anxiety disorders.
- At Mindspace Therapy-Studio we also offer consultations to parents and schools on how to work with difficult childhood behaviours such as aggression and sexualised behaviours.
Why choose us?
1. Our aim is to help and provide a service for everyone that needs psychological treatment. We enjoy seeing clients reach their goals and feel better. We are dedicated to the clients we see and our vision is to help you feel empowered to improve aspects of your life and to make the choices that make the most sense for you.
2. We are a small clinic of psychotherapists and other professionals that work together to tailor a treatment plan for you. We always seek feedback during therapy to ensure we provide you with what you need. As well as providing CBT psychotherapy, we can also offer a holistic treatment package which involves psychiatric assessment and medication review.
3. Our clinic is quiet, private and comfortable. We often find that our clients frequently comment that the environment feels safe and peaceful.
4. We recongise how anxiety provoking making that first phone call for help can be. Our phones will always be answered by a therapist who is able to offer a free telephone consultation prior to booking an appointment. We do not have waiting lists and our opening hours vary depending on when you require a session.
My consultation room in Chineham is conveniently placed just outside Basingstoke town centre. We also offer treatment in Reading. There are easy road, bus and rail links. There is also ample road parking at the venue.
If you would like any other information about my services, such as Psychotherapy, Counselling CBT or other mental health services, please feel able to call me on 07523014800 or email me. There is no obligation to continue to use my services should you feel that I cannot help but I will be happy to answer your questions or respond to any concerns you may have.
Training, qualifications & experience
For the past ten years, I worked with people presenting with a range of psychological problems including severe mental health problems. My experience includes general practice in mental health care (NHS, private and charities) as well as experience in secondary and tertiary settings. Apart from independent practice I also worked as an Associate Lecturer/Supervisor at Buckinghamshire New University for Trainee CBT Therapists.
Masters of Science in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (BABCP Fully Accredited Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist)
Currently undertaking a doctorate (PhD) Degree at the University of Portsmouth
EMDR Practitioner Training
Post-graduate Certificate in Advanced Counselling Skills
Certificate in Mentalization-Based Therapy (MBT)
Bachelor of Psychology with Honours
Masters of Science in Psychological Research Methods
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies
The BABCP is the lead organisation for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy in the UK.
Membership is open to anyone with an interest in the practice, theory or development of CBT. BABCP also provides accreditation for CBT therapists.
BABCP accredited members adhere to the Standards of Conduct, Performance and Ethics in the Practice of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies, and are willing to be scrutinised in this adherence as required.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I also provide treatment for psychological difficulties following serious medical diagnosis i.e. cancer. If you feel that your particular difficulties do not appear on this list or are slightly different, please get in touch, I can discuss this and if necessary I can direct you to another professional that works in the field.
At Mindspace Therapy-Studio also offer consultation and training to schools and parents around childhood anxiety disorders and childhood sexual abuse.
If you decide that you would like to contact me an initial enquiry will be made over the telephone or email where we would briefly discuss any questions you have and availabilities. There will be no charge for this enquiry. Should you choose to proceed, we would then arrange a date, discuss fees and schedule an assessment session. Assessment sessions are generally longer. The assessment sessions are designed to discuss your difficulties, goals for treatment, treatment plan as well as provide you with an opportunity to ask further questions about therapy.
Following the assessment stage you are under no obligation to continue treatment with us and should you wish, we can also recommend other therapists or services for you to access. Should you choose to continue your treatment we would then schedule in further appointments. These appointments will last approximately 50-60 mins with the exception of EMDR treatment. Payments can be made by either cash, cheque or bank transfer.
Fees for sessions are negotiable which is intended to take into account individual circumstances including income and affordability. Reduced rates are also available.
If you would like to learn more about me and my therapeutic approach, please feel free to contact me. I can explain the therapy process in further detail and highlight what you can expect in therapy. I offer a complimentary 15 minute phone call to prospective clients.
Further information is available on my website www.mindspacetherapy-studio.com. Please contact me by email or telephone to arrange an initial consultation.