STEPPING OFF The Yo-Yo Dieting Roller Coaster For GOOD?
Is your weight impacting your physical or emotional wellbeing and making you feel anxious. This is for compulsive or emotional eaters, or people struggling with managing their weight, perhaps you are suffering with a physical health issue such as diabetes, high blood pressure or a bowel disorder and maybe you are even considering bariatric surgery.
I offer assessments, weekly individual or group psychotherapy on Zoom video conference.
The initial 12 week programme, includes a full assessment followed by;
- Eating As A Response To Stress Or Anxiety
- The Relationship Between Emotions & Food
- Specific Strategies On Emotional Eating Behaviours
- Increasing Awareness Of Negative Self Talk
- Coping Strategies
After the initial programme, there is an option to extend the sessions up to a maximum of 30 weeks.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I have years over 15 years experience in Mental Health
- 8 Years Group & Individual Therapy
- 3 Years Specialising in Obesity & Bariatrics
- Member of the British Psychoanalytic Council
- Registered as a BPC Psychodynamic Psychotherapist
- Trained at Birkbeck MSc Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Completed several CPD Trainings in Binge Eating, Obesity & Bariatrics, Diabetes Management
- Curator of online learning, training programmes & summits to increase awareness of stress, anxiety & depression
- Podcast Host 'Better Mental Health' everyday conversations on mental health to tell the story of mental health from diverse narratives
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Psychoanalytic Council
The British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC) is a professional association, representing the profession of psychoanalytic psychotherapy.
The organisation is itself made up of fourteen member organisations and BPC accredits the trainings of its member organisations. An individual who qualifies from one of these trainings is then eligible for entry into the BPC's register.
BPC registrants are governed by a code of ethics, a policy of continuing professional development, a statement on confidentiality and a complaints procedure. The BPC is a Member Society of the European Federation for Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy in the Public Sector (EFPP). Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have a affordable, online, private therapy programme to the support mental health for diverse minds and communities https://therapyonline.mind-hub.org/apply
From £47.00 to £250.00
Free initial online session
Concessions offered for
For both group and individual therapy. You will need to commit to a minimum of 12 sessions, as this is the minimum investment for you to see improvements.
There is a monthly fee of £250 for individual therapy
£47 a month for group therapy
Please book a free consultation to explore these options.
We can negotiate a suitable day and time for individual work.
The group is scheduled Weekly Wednesday 8-9.15pm
Please contact me for a FREE consultation https://calendly.com/marteka/stress-less
The consultation is an opportunity to explore why we should work together.
There is no obligation