Mark Maxwell FdSc BA(Hons) MPhil MBACP
27 Wilson Patten Street
Mobile Counselling Service.
Liverpool, Warrington, Widnes, Frodsham, Runcorn and surrounding areas.
'When the other person is hurting, confused, troubled, anxious, alienated, terrified; or when he or she is doubtful of self-worth, uncertain as to identity, then understanding is called for. The gentle and sensitive companionship of an empathic stance… provides illumination and healing. In such situations deep understanding is, I believe, the most precious gift one can give to another.'
The above Carl Rogers quote describes how I begin working with clients.
I then tailor my approach to unique issues addressing all aspects of the client from emotional, social, mind and spiritual.
This is known as Integrative counselling which uses Person-centered, Psychodynamic and CBT approaches in combination with others.
Training, qualifications & experience
- FdSc Counselling - Staffordshire University syllabus taught at Riverside College Halton
- Level 3 Counselling - Riverside College Halton.
- NSPCC Childline
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
£40 per ONE HOUR SESSION
£30 for sessions in home address counselling room:
100 Nortonwood lane
I first experienced the power of being heard and understood in my own counselling several years ago.
Since then I have become a counsellor in my own right and gained much experience working as a volunteer and in my own practice.
I am contacted by local individuals and also work for local companies and their employees.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
8am until 8pm Monday to Sunday
Types of client