Mark Maxwell FdSc BA(Hons) MPhil MBACP
Mobile Counselling Service.
Liverpool, Warrington, Widnes, Frodsham, Runcorn and surrounding areas.
'When the other person is hurting, confused, troubled, anxious, alienated, terrified; or when he or she is doubtful of self-worth, uncertain as to identity, then understanding is called for. The gentle and sensitive companionship of an empathic stance… provides illumination and healing. In such situations deep understanding is, I believe, the most precious gift one can give to another.'
The above Carl Rogers quote describes how I begin working with clients.
I then tailor my approach to unique issues addressing all aspects of the client from emotional, social, mind and spiritual.
This is known as Integrative counselling which uses Person-centered, Psychodynamic and CBT approaches in combination with others.
Training, qualifications & experience
- FdSc Counselling - Staffordshire University syllabus taught at Riverside College Halton
- Level 3 Counselling - Riverside College Halton.
- NSPCC Childline
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
£40 per ONE HOUR SESSION
£30 for sessions in home address counselling room:
100 Nortonwood lane
I first experienced the power of being heard and understood in my own counselling several years ago.
Since then I have become a counsellor in my own right and gained much experience working as a volunteer and in my own practice.
I am contacted by local individuals and also work for local companies and their employees.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
8am until 8pm Monday to Sunday
Types of client