If you are reading this, then you probably already know just how difficult life and/or relationships can be. Almost all mental suffering involves either trouble in creating workable and satisfying relationships, or difficulties in regulating our emotions, usually due to some historical circumstance or event(s). Approximately one in four people suffer with their mental health at some time in their life, and one in two marriages end in divorce.
So how can psychotherapy help? Well according to Eric Berne, "Psychotherapy is the process of healing the past, in the present, to ensure the future".
If this is something you would like to try, then I am offering to accompany you on this journey and use Transactional Analysis as a way of helping you to understand yourself and your relationships with others. I will put a great deal of effort into developing a therapeutic relationship with you, and it is often this relationship that will empower you and allow change to occur. The objectives you set as the outcomes you want from therapy may well include making changes to the way you think, feel and behave.
I look forward to meeting you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Counselling Diploma (in Transactional Analysis, from The Berne Institute)
- 6 years into a 7 year Psychotherapy Masters Degree in Transactional Analysis
- Accredited Mediator (from Regents College London)
- Law Degree (from Coventry University)
- Enhanced DBS certificate
- Registered with UKATA, and UKCP
- Private Practice - Long term individual psychotherapy, and couples counselling
- Private residential rehabs - 1-1 therapy, group therapy, and psycho-education with clients suffering from drug and/or alcohol addiction
- MIND - Short term therapy with clients suffering from depression, anxiety, grief etc.
- HomeStart - Tutor for HomeStart Volunteer Training course
- MIND - Tutor for Depression, Anxiety, Self Esteem, and Stress Management courses
UK Association for Transactional Analysis
UKATA (formally the Institute of Transactional Analysis) is the national UK Transactional Analysis organisation representing all fields of TA theory and practice. TA can be used as an effective tool in a wide range of contexts such as: personal development, management, coaching, counselling, psychotherapy, teaching, education, parenting and more.
Areas of counselling I deal with
I offer a 30-45 minute phone assessment so we can briefly explore together the background and history of your issues, your aims and objectives for counselling/psychotherapy, your current life situation and how counselling/psychotherapy might fit into it. It will also give us an opportunity to think about whether I can help you. This is free of charge.
I allow one and a half hours for our first session, to give us time to complete the necessary paperwork (e.g. GDPR) and to still have a one hour session, which is just charged at the normal rate.
My normal rate is £30 per hour session although I offer students or people on state benefits a 1/3 discount.