Marisol Navarro Noriega - Joys Cottage Intercultural Counselling
Life can be challenging and feel overwhelming at times and with that can bring feelings of stress, anxiety, depression & a sense of being lost and alone.
Counselling can be life changing, helping you see things much clearer, giving you a deeper understanding of yourself, who you are, and where you want to be.
My name is Marisol Navarro Noriega. I am a qualified counsellor and psychotherapist with more than 15 years of experience in the NHS and private health organisations, working with adult individuals, teens, couples and families. I am currently working part-time in different schools around the Tunbridge Wells area as well as for CAMHS/NELFT/NHS.
My goal is to help people live life fully. My approach is personalised, diversity sensitive, and down to earth. I am dedicated to practicing responsibly, ethically and to the highest of standards. I offer a trustworthy and confidential relationship, in a secure and safe environment.
I am multi-lingual, culturally aware and welcome clients from any cultural background; I have a personal and clinical interest in issues relating to cultural identity, a sense of belonging and feelings of being ‘uprooted’.
Here at Joys Cottage, I can help you towards a deeper understanding of yourself, your thoughts, feelings and actions to clarify the situation, to understand what is happening, I can help you gain new confidence, control and choice in life.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy, am fully insured and am supervised in accordance with their guidelines.
• PG Dip. Systemic and Family Practitioner
• BSc Hons Integrative Counselling
• Dip. Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
• Certificate in Person Centre & Existential therapy.
FURTHER TRAINING & WORKSHOPS
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Therapy in multiple tongues with multiple selves.
- Eating disorder
- Time-limited psychodynamic counselling
- Issues of 'race' in the psychotherapy
- Compulsivity and addiction in the counselling room
- Co-creating a secure space
- Working with couples- using an integrative approach
- Hard to conceive – understanding and working with infertility issues run by BICA.
- Six category interventions analysis
- Group dynamics from a Psychodynamic approach
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reducting (MBSR)
- Personality disorder
- The secret of the group-work
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Gender dysphoria
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
My fees are £45 per 60 minute session
I also offer a number of reduced fee spaces for those who find it difficult to afford counselling. There are many reasons for this and I feel it is important that everybody has the chance to access counselling.
Please contact me for further information.
Joys Cottage Counselling specialises in Intercultural Counselling, Gender Identity, family and youth therapy, Mindfulness, mobile and online therapy.
I understand that life can be challenging, that relationships are complicated, and that stress can be debilitating. Whether the challenge is with you, your family, your friends, or colleagues I am here to support you. You don’t have to struggle alone.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|