Marion Raymond Reg.MBACP
Hi there and thank you for taking the time to have a look at my profile. During these strange times, life can be difficult and sometimes we have to ask for help and that's okay. Sadness, anxiety, a lack of confidence, difficulty with relationships, depression and many other issues can overwhelm us.
I work with the understanding that 'knowledge is power' and the more you understand what is happening to you; the less you fear what's happening to you. This then enables you to rebuild your life as a happier you, your way, by your rules.
My offer to you is an opportunity to reflect, grow and heal. It is a space where you can safely bring your feelings and difficulties without expectation or judgement.
Counselling can provide you with the inner confidence to explore how and what you would like to change. Maybe traumatic experiences in your past or present life are impacting upon how you want to be and you want help understanding why you may feel that things are not quite right but you can't quite put your finger on it.
I am an integrative and relational counsellor. This means I can draw on a variety of approaches and theories which are available to me to help me to support you with whatever has brought you here today.
Getting in Touch
Central to any relationship is the collaboration of the two involved. It is therefore very important that you feel comfortable with the counsellor you choose. I invite all potential clients for an initial consultation as a way to help you decide whether you feel I am the right person for you. You are welcome to come along to an initial session with no obligation to continue. I will not charge you for this first initial session.
Please email me for more information or ring me for a chat.
Current and Previous Employment/Volunteering
- I work for a young peoples' agency where I support young people with issues surrounding abuse, self harm, suicide ideation, dissociation, difficulties with relationships and educational issues.
- I am an Associate Counsellor for a local trauma agency where I counsel clients from the age of 18+ who are victims of historical sexual abuse, rape and domestic abuse and as a result can suffer from personality disorders, dissociation, Borderline Personality Disorder.
- I have volunteered for a local Agency who specialise in addiction to drugs and alcohol.
- A Counselling Agency for the local community which attracts people from all 'walks of life' with difficulties with stress, anxiety and general life's difficulties.
Training, qualifications & experience
L4 Diploma in Humanistic Therapeutic Counselling
L3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapists.
I have knowledge and experience of counselling people who have experienced issues relating to drug and alcohol misuse, stress, anxiety, and depression, trauma surrounding pregnancy and birth, personality disorders, and difficulties with phobias and relationships.
Through my specialist training, I am able to support victims and survivors of sexual abuse and rape, no matter how long ago this happened.
I have attended a variety of workshops for my own continued professional development and research. Some of these are listed below:-
- Iron Mill College Conference – Promoting Mental Health and Emotional Wellbeing in Young Children.
- Treating Generalised Anxiety and Panic Disorders.
- Shame and Self-Loathing in the Treatment of Trauma – Janina Fisher
- Curiosity not Conclusions: Assisting not Assuming – Norma Howes
- Avoidant Attachment and the Defence Against Intimacy – Linda Cundy
- Trauma Conference, London (3 Days)– Peter Fonagy, Daniel Brown, Otto Van der Hart, Ruth Lanius, Pat Ogden.
- Healing Broken Bonds: The Consequences of Traumatic Attachment (2 Day workshop) - Janina Fisher
- Trauma and the Consequences on the Teenage Brain - Norma Howes
- BACP and Open University - Counselling Online: A Coronavirus Primer
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Anxiety and Stress surrounding Covid-19
My fee is £40 per session.
I offer short term and long term counselling, tailored to meet your needs.
I am Registered Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapists and I adhere to the guidelines as set out in their Ethical Framework.
I am fully insured and I hold an up-to-date DBS Enhanced Certificate