I am a qualified and accredited psychotherapist who can provide an empathic, confidential counselling environment. The first 50 min session is FREE so we can find out if we can work together. Phone 07391108530 to arrange an appointment.
About me and my therapy practice
Hello my name is Marion. I’m a qualified and experienced integrative counsellor and psychotherapist adhering to the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy Ethical Framework of Good Practice (2016).
I aim to provide a confidential non judgemental listening environment so you feel relaxed about exploring your concerns with me. I hope together we can build up trust and understanding of the different ways to resolve your concerns with honesty and openness. Together we can manage your difficulties so that you feel very well supported as you develop a better understanding and awareness of your behaviours. I can provide motivation to help you change .
I work from a ground floor room in my home with access to parking. I usually do counselling during the day time but happy to see you in the evening if it’s more convenient.
I have been working relationally for 7 years using Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy methods which means that I make use of various theoretical models and therapeutic tools which meet the various needs of my clients.
Clients I work with
Adults of all ages.
Employee Assistance Programme.
How I deliver therapy
Short- term and Long- term, face-to-face work, time limited, online.
Training, qualifications & experience
MSc Integrative Psychotherapy
MA in Social Work
CQSW qualification in social work
Degree in Life Sciences
I'm working currently as a counsellor for the last 7 years at the Leicester Counselling Centre (2012-2019).
2 years at the Derby Women’s Centre 2015 -2017).
I have also worked as a counsellor at Clifton Primary School (2017 -2018).
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Experience of Fostering & adoption children & parents
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
- Couples counselling
50 minute individual session £40 (concessionary rates available).
- I offer concessions for low income groups
attended Cruse training and couple counselling training in 2019
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
from 26 November 2018
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|