Marion Gray- Professional Counsellor/Life Coach and Analytical Hypnotherapist
168 Dundee Street
07702511793 / 07702511793
Counselling/Life Coaching (Transformative Life Coaching) and/or Analytical Hypnotherapy can help to address the difficult areas of your life. This might include loss and change e.g.the end of a relationship, unresolved bereavement/grief, career change, health change etc, anxiety/panic/phobias, depression, anger, stress, low self worth/confidence or esteem, relationship difficulties, work / life imbalance which leaves you feeling stuck and dissatisfied with your life. Or you may want to change unhelpful and unhealthy habits such as smoking, over eating or the over use of alcohol or you may simply want to enhance your sporting or artistic performance.
Whilst family and friends can be a great source of support it’s not always easy to confide in those closest to you. At times like these, talking to someone who is not personally involved can make a big difference.
As a highly qualified and experienced professional therapist, I will give you an opportunity to think about and talk about yourself in a way that you can’t do with family or friends. You will be given a time and a place that is just for you to talk about the things that are troubling you and preventing you from enjoying your life. I will help you to overcome blocks and problems that are holding you back, improve your relationships, build your confidence and self esteem, enjoy well being and contentment in all aspects of your life.
You can be confident that you will be listened to without judgement and given help to make the changes you want to make to your life and improve your overall well being.
Although I work with adults, I am also highly experienced in the counselling of children (age 8 years and upwards) and young people. I am a member of the PVG Scheme (membership number 1406 0378 3360 0311) in respect of regulated work with children and adults.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a highly qualified, experienced and integrative therapist.
Being an integrative Counsellor/ Transformational Life Coach and Analytical Hypnotherapist means that I don't just use one therapeutic approach. Indeed, I have knowledge and experience of using a wide range of theories, styles and approaches such as: Cognitive Behavioural; Solution Focused Brief Therapy and I also use a Person Centred approach.
I am an ACCREDITED registered member of the National Counselling Society (MNCS-Accr) and abide by the ethical framework of the NCS. Please visit www.nationalcounsellingsociety.org for more details. I am also a member of the General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR) and the Complimentary and Natural Healthcare Council (MCNHC).
My qualifications include:
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Diploma-(Accredited by the International Association of Neuro Linguistic Programming and Coaching, International Alliance of Holistic Therapists) Centre of Excellence Online
- Advanced Certificate in Neuro-Linguistic Programming - (Accredited by the National Hypnotherapy Society) Chrysalis Courses
- Post Graduate Diploma in Analytical Hypnotherapy (with Merit)-(Accredited by the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council/General Hypnotherapy Register) HypnoPerth, Scotland
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling - (Accredited by the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists ) Queen Margaret University / The Peter Bowes Consultancy
- Certificate in Solution Focused Practice-BRIEF,London
- Specialist Certificate Cyberculture - Online Therapy/Coach Institute
- Certificate of Life Coaching ("It's All About Results"-Transformational Life Coaching)-Ali Campbell Coaching
- Post Qualifying Certificate in Counselling Children and Young People-Queen Margaret University
- Diploma Indian Head Massage (Accredited) Gateway Workshops Ltd
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Specialist in the counselling of children (from age 8) upwards and young people. Qualified to deliver the "Youth Mindfulness" programme either on a individual or group basis.
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
A Counselling/ Life Coaching and/or Analytical Hypnotherapy session will generally last for 50-60 minutes and the amount of sessions you require will depend on your individual response to therapy.
It is recommended as good practice to attend a minimum of 6 sessions initially and for some people this will be enough.
A commitment to therapy sessions is agreed in a signed contract by us both during your first session and after your initial, no obligation, face to face consultation. The initial 60 minute consultation session is offered at a considerably reduced session fee of £20
Cost per session is £40 and £50 for couples
All fees are payable in advance by cash or bank transfer or at the start/end of a therapy session.
Weekend and evening appointments are available at no extra charge.
Want to be able to manage anger, anxiety, stress or depression? Equilibrium For Life can offer you an effective individual 6 session programme designed to help you to understand and change how you think and what you do. These changes will help you to feel better, improve your mental wellbeing and your relationships.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon-Fri (10am-7.30pm) Weekend appointments can be negotiated during Nov to April.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|