Marilyn McKenzie BSc, PGDip, MBACP
12 Middle Lane
The Practice At Angel Islington
32-33 Upper Street
Near City Road & Bank
My name is Marilyn McKenzie and I am a qualified practising counsellor and psychotherapist and I specialise in the following areas:
- Couples experiencing difficulty with intimacy or connection
- Recovering after an affair
- Singles who are struggling to find love or have unfulfilling sex lives
- Workplace Stress
Welcome to my page. I'm a therapist who focuses on relationships. Whether your partner had an affair, or perhaps you've realised that you no longer have a connection /intimacy, therapy can help. Maybe you're single and have been struggling to meet someone whom you can share your life with. Sometimes it's our families or friends we are struggling with. I am a Psychotherapist based near Cannon St & Angel and I'm here to help. An affair doesnt always mean the end of the relationship and it is possible to revive the intimacy with support.
Or maybe you are struggling with an addiction. It could be to drugs, sex, gambling or food. I have worked in addiction for 14 years and would like to help you achieve your goals whether it is abstinence or maintenance. The therapy is tailor made to your needs.
I am an open minded therapist so I do not shock easily. Sometimes we just need someone to listen and help us work through things. Sometimes we want more motivation. Whatever your goals are, I am here to help you get there. I'm just a click away.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have a Post Graduate Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
I have also been trained in:
- Bereavement and Grief
- Personality Disorders
- Relationship and Sexual Difficulties
- Trauma and complex needs
- Domestic Violence
- Eating disorders (especially surround obesity)
- Self harm
- Lifespan Integration
- Substance misuse and addictions
- Identity issues
- Motivational interviewing
- Working with childhood trauma
- Gender and identity issues
- Working with sex workers
- Emotional Freedom Technique
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Relationship problems
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Contact me if you're not in the areas specified.
1-2-1 £70 - £90 per session
Couples - £100 - £150 per session
Special rates for student and those on low incomes.
- When two cultures collide
- Awkward and anxious
- Black women and hair
- The isolated male
- When you and your partner just can't communicate
- Adult bullying
- Dating after domestic abuse
- Addicted to love
- Coming back to work after mental illness
- I keep looking for love in all the wrong places!
- Friendship after being lovers - Can it work?
- Breaking up with friends
- The hangover
People do not come with instructions and we can all be difficult to understand at times. Every relationship is as unique as the people in them. If you are struggling to understand each other in your relationship then I am here to support you moving forward.
If you would like to find out more about me and how I work please see my articles or check my website out on Marilynmckenziecounselling.co.uk
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Available most evenings and Saturdays
Types of client