I am an integrative psychotherapist, using psychodynamic, humanistic, psychoanalytic, transpersonal, and cognitive behavioural therapies in my work.
I work with general issues, such as anxiety, depression, bereavement, stress, panic attacks, eating disorders, addictions, phobias, relationship problems, low self esteem, underachievement, loss of meaning, life changes, creativity and creative block, and work related issues.
As well as working in private practice since 1983, I have worked in the voluntary sector for MIND and Princess Royal Trust, and in the NHS, as a counsellor and team leader of bereavement and psychosocial services in a hospice.
I currently work as Clinical Supervisor for the Priory Hospital Roehampton Therapy Services, and as Staff Counsellor for the charity Beyond Autism, at the Rainbow School in Wandsworth..
I work as a psychotherapist in private practice, and also work with Wandsworth Association of Psychotherapists, of which I am a co-director and founder member.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MA (Cantab), Philosophy, Social and Political Sciences, 1977. Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy and Counselling, Minster Centre, 1986. UKCP registered, 1992. BAP Certificate in Developing Supervision Skills, 2009. UKCP Approved Supervisor, 2014
- I have been working with individuals in private practice since 1983, qualified since 1985, and registered with UKCP since 1992.
- I worked for MIND in Lambeth and Wandsworth 1984 - 1996 with people experiencing severe or chronic mental health problems, finding ways of improving their quality of life and coping skills, and with people undergoing breakdown.
- I ran a counsellling service at Southwark Carers' Centre 1999- 2005, supporting carers experiencing stresses in their caring role
- I was manager of Family Support and Macmillan Bereavement Services at Meadow House Hospice, Ealing NHS, 2005-13, working with bereavement, management of chronic and life-limiting illness, managing chronic pain, managing traumatic injury, responding to life-limiting or terminal diagnosis, facing death, and related issues.
- Since 2016 I have been Clinical Supervisor for the Priory Hospital Roehampton Therapy Services, working with therapists around psychiatric in- and out-patient care
- Since 2016 I have been working as Staff Counsellor for the charity Beyond Autism, at the Rainbow School in Wandsworth, supporting school staff in their work
- I have been a Co-Director of Wandsworth Association of Psychotherapists since 1995, currently providing a low cost counselling service in Balham.
- I have been providing group and individual clinical supervision for around 20 years.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
UK Council for Psychotherapy
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Individual sessions £60
- Some reduced cost therapy available
- Supervision £50
I work in Balham, and in Battersea, South West London.