I am an accredited psychodynamic psychotherapist working with the public service, private practice and teaching. My main languages are Portuguese and English.
From an early age, I was curious about the human mind, and eventually, in 2005 I earned my degree in clinical psychology at the Federal University of Espírito Santo, Brazil, focusing on infant mental health.
Through the university, I completed an internship and one year-long post-graduation training including work in community mental health clinics, maternity wards and in neonatal and paediatric intensive care units. For over 15 years, I have also learned psychoanalysis through ongoing personal analysis, reading, and weekly consultation.
My professional work began at Clínica Perinatal Vitoria, Brazil, a paediatric and neonatal intensive care unit where I helped children and families and started an early intervention mental health program.
In 2005 I began a private practice in psychoanalytic psychotherapy with children, families, and adults. In my practice, I also provide consultation for childcare professionals and early interventionists.
I am a member of the World Association of Infant Mental Health, and a working member of the Parent Infant Partnership UK. I'm also a member of pre-Autistic Network (PREaut).
Training, qualifications & experience
- Clinical Training in Child, Adolescent and Family Psychodynamic Psychotherapy - Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust - London.
- MA in Infant Mental Health - Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust - London.
- PgDip in Infant Mental Health and Early Intervention- Brazilian Association of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry - RJ/Brazil.
- BA/MSc in Clinical Psychology - Federal University of Espirito Santo - Brazil.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Learning difficulties
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Separation anxiety
I will be glad to talk with you about my fees, your resources, and your goals, and then, all these things considered, we can make a realistic, long-term plan.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Saturday
Types of client