Maria Rendle MBACP (reg)
I am a Person Centred Counsellor offering a safe, open and non-judgemental space for personal reflection and contemplation around the trials and tribulations of life, past and present, no matter how big or small. I enjoy working with and supporting people from all walks of life to empower, enable and find a way through those difficult times that can often show themselves when we are least expecting it.
I have several years experience working with sexual abuse, trauma, loss and bereavement. I worked for a number of years with Mosaic II supporting adult survivors of sexual abuse and with Cruse Bereavement Care offering support to clients who have experienced traumatic loss.
I work in an open ended way allowing you the client to determine the pace and direction of travel. We will work together to explore and open your mind to allow you to gain a better understanding of yourself, help make sense of your past experience and explore what that may mean for the future and the choices you have going forwards.
I offer a 30 minute free phone consultation to establish the challenges you are experiencing, begin to understand what you would like from the counselling process and help to determine whether I am the right counsellor for you. Please email me or leave a message if I am unable to answer the phone and I will contact you as soon as possible.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Award in Counselling Concepts
- Ascentis Certificate in Bereavement and Loss
- Bereavement Support Foundation Course - Cruse Bereavement Care
- Mosaic II Training - Issues surrounding sexual abuse
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency
CPD Training including -
- Understanding personality orientations
- Understanding your client from the other side of the room
- Self-care for both client and counsellor
- Sudden and traumatic death
- Self-Harm and Suicide
- Domestic Violence
- Eating Disorders
Areas of counselling I deal with
- £40 for a 50 minute session payable by cash or cheque at the beginning of the session
- Student rate of £25 for a 50 minute session
- Low income concession available - please ask on enquiry
Please note I require 48 hours notice for cancellation otherwise full fees are payable.
I am a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy.
I practice within the BACP ethical framework and guidelines offering a professional, ethical and confidential counselling service.
I receive regular clinical supervision and have full public indemnity insurance.
My practice is easily accessible. It is just a 5 minute walk from Forster Square Train Station. There is limited parking outside which is charged at 70p per hour. Alternatively Forster Square retail park offers free parking for 3 hours, which is around a 10 minute walk away.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I currently have appointments available on Friday mornings
Types of client