I am Maria at Regis Counselling Service. I have gained a degree in counselling that allows me to work with my clients in different models, as and when required by my client’s.
I am an integrative practitioner, by this it is meant that when working with clients, it is important that I am aware that different approaches to counselling will work different for different clients at different times.
It is therefore part of my practice to clarify with my clients what has been helpful, and what has not been so helpful.
As we work in a collaborative working relationship, we would discuss your reasons for coming to counselling, and with an agreed plan work towards your goals.
I am able to work with the following:
- Low self esteem
- Alcohol/substance misuse
Training, qualifications & experience
- My Counselling B.S.c degree, is an accredited course by the B.A.C.P.
- I am now working towards my personal accreditation from the B.A.C.P.
- I have attended continuous professional development courses through out year.
My years of working with children in a different therapy, has aided me to enhance my ability in working with children.
My work with children is mainly through counselling, I am able to offer Play and Art Therapy, either as individuals or in a group setting, as a low-key therapy form of exploration that can be used to enhance the therapy, if needed, or when verbalizing becomes difficult through exploration.
When working with groups, it is crucial to have an entrance criteria with groups. The importance here, is to have individuals that have symptoms that are comparable to one another.
This is key to group work, as the sharing of how an individual copes, or explains their difficulties may be one that is shared by other members of the group.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Individual sessions £55
Trainee Students £35
Unemployment concession Please ask
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client