Maria Mead, NCS (Accred Registrant) individuals & couples
It can bring about a huge sense of relief to be able to talk to someone who can really listen and understand the world from your perspective. We all deserve to be heard and could benefit from having the time and space devoted to just that. My counselling room can provide you with a safe, neutral and confidential place where you can be yourself, free from judgement.
- Are you finding it difficult to cope with a bereavement?
- Is anxiety ruining your life?
- Do you feel invisible or that you don't matter?
- Is your relationship an emotional rollercoaster that's draining you?
- Are you fearful about the future?
Whatever you are struggling with, you don’t have to cope alone. Together, we can explore the possible causes of your emotional triggers which cause you anxiety, distress and pain. I will work with you to help you develop effective coping strategies. In the process you will discover how to manage stressful situations in the future.
The idea of talking to a complete stranger about your problems may feel strange. Perhaps you fear not being understood or misinterpreted and that this will add to your stress? Having been in the client chair myself, I know what it’s like to be the client. I aim to show the same level of care and compassion I was lucky enough to receive when I sought my own personal therapy.
You don’t have to be in crisis to seek counselling. If you are not feeling at peace with your life, or you just sense that having someone to talk to could bring about real change in your life, then now is the right time to talk to me.
Due to our relationship histories and the negative cycles we get into with our partners, many of us have difficulties with trust and in expressing emotions to those who mean the most to us. As a result of this we develop habit-forming ways of reacting to our partners which ends up causing a lot of pain, injury and despair.
The main aim of couples counselling with me is to work on exploring those patterns and work on changing the negative interactions between you.
I respect and value each person as the unique human being they are. I place great emphasis on the relationship between myself and the client, since it is the relationship between us which provides the healing benefit. Working with the ‘whole person’ and not the ‘label’ is my philosophy and this lies at the heart of my approach.I welcome diversity.
Choosing the right Counsellor for you
From personal experience, I know that choosing a counsellor who is the right ‘fit’ is crucial. In order to help you decide whether we could work together, do please feel free to give me a telephone call, text or email me so that I can answer any concerns or questions you may have. If you reach my voicemail, leave a short message or text me and I promise to return your call or text as soon as I can.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BACP Accredited course - Advanced Level 4 Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- Bereavement Counselling Training - CCIWBS (Camden City Islington Westminster Bereavement Service)
- Teaching Mindfulness Skills - BPS (British Psychological Society)
- Externship in Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples -ICEEFT (International Centre for Excellence in in Emotionally Focused Therapy)
- Graduate of the one year Developmental Model Couples Therapy Training Course with the Couples Institute under Dr. Ellyn Bader.
As an Accredited Registrant of the NCS (National Counselling Society) I am committed to continuing my professional development with monthly supervision, CPD training and workshops related in the field of psychotherapy, counselling and personal development.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
My fees are as follows:-
Individuals: £50 per session - 1 hour
Couples: £60 per session - 1 hour 15 mins
I also offer a few lower rates to students attending university or further studies as well as pensioners and those in financial hardship. These are subject to availability and are usually day time appointments.
Trainee Counsellors welcome
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available week days and evenings.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|