Maria (Laura) Launder
Hello, my name is Laura and I am a fully qualified counsellor/psychotherapist. I am a registered member of the BACP (British Association Counsellors and Psychotherapists) and I adhere to their code of ethics. I have my own private practice which I run from my home.
I facilitate a safe non judgmental environment where you can explore any issues you may need support with. I am aware that it can be difficult to seek help but this can be the first step to a journey of self discovery. I believe in change and helping my clients to achieve their full potential through a therapeutic relationship that offers empathy, respect and unconditional positive regards.
I have experience working with addictions, I have also worked with young people in a school setting and have been counselling privately from home ever since.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CPCAB Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling in Independent Practice.
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Integrative Counselling.
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Counselling skills and Theory.
- NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills.
- Training course Working with Service Users with Drugs and Alcohol Issues.
- Training course Drugs and Alcohol awareness.
- Course "Anger without aggression" Redbridge College.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Bipolar disorder
- Carer support
- Eating disorders
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Work-related stress
£30 per counselling session
£20 per session for counsellors in training (students)
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Saturday mornings most mornings and evenings
Types of client