Maria Karen Rogers (MBACP) Integrative Counsellor & Clinical Supervisor
Hello, my name is Karen and I am a qualified Person Centred Counsellor, working in an integrative way. I am also a Clinical Supervisor, using Hawkins and Shohet Seven Eyed Supervision model. I am a registered MBACP member and work strictly within the BACP Ethical Framework and Code of Practice.
In addition to the above 'face to face' support, I offer Online Counselling and I am a member of ACTO, an advisory body that provides support and information to therapists interested in developing their practice online
I work with Children and Adults with a wide range of issues. To date my work experience is varied and I am fully committed to supporting people through counselling and therapeutic progression. I have over 7 years experience working within 2 major third sector charity organisations and more recent working within a CAMHS multi disciplinary setting.
I have an Accredited Diploma in Counselling Children and Young People which is a qualification shared with 1% of Counsellors across the UK. I am trained in using the SPICC Model (Sequentially Planned Integrative Counselling for Children). This is a well-researched and proven model specifically designed for working with children which draws on a variety of methods and integrate several modalities, to name a few: Roger’s Person Centred Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Solution Focused (Egan Model).
My Practise is near the M62 motorway with parking outside.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CPCAB Level 6 Certificate in Therapeutic Counselling Supervision – September 2017
- CPCAB Level 3 Certificate in Online Counselling Skills – February 2016
- AAECC Diploma in Counselling Children and Young People – February 2014
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling – July 2017
- ABC Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills – July 2010
- ABC Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Concepts – September 2009
- Safeguarding Training - August 2019
- Decider Skills CBT/DBT Skills Training - May 2019
- Autism Awareness Training - April 2019
- Effective Supervision/Risk Management in Child Protection/Safeguarding – December 2017
- Five to Thrive for Life Training - May 2017
- ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training) – April 2017
- Solution Focused Training – September 2016
- Attachment Based Practice with Adults – June 2016
- Child Directed, Systems Focused, Strengths Based & Outcome Informed – October 2015
- Out of Control Teenagers Seminar - March 2014
- NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) Diploma - November 2013
- Self Harm and Suicide Seminar - September 2013
- Mindfulness Training - September 2013
- Safeguarding, Suicidal & Ethical Dilemmas – January 2012
- Safeguarding Adults & Vulnerable Children – January 2012
- Expressive Therapy, Cheshire Therapy Centre – September 2012
- CPR Training – Liverpool Community Health NHS Trust, July 2012
- Introduction to Gestalt, workshop run by Peter Cartwright – September 2011
- Trauma and PTSD, workshop run by Peter Cartwright - May 2011
- Mindfulness Training, workshop run by Gabrielle Heavisides - January 2011
- Therapeutic Touch, workshop run by Brian McMinn - January 2011
Areas of counselling I deal with
Counselling - my fees are £40 per hour
Clinical Supervision - my fees are £60 per 1.5 hour if qualified and £45 per 1.5 hour for students.
I offer a free initial assessment to explore what's going on for you, what support you may need and how I may be able to offer that. Appointments can be made during the day or evening.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Evening and daytime availability
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Hello, my name is Karen and I am a qualified Person Centred Counsellor and Clinical Supervisor.