Maria Garcia Lozano - MSc, PGDip, BSc, MBPsS, MBACP
The Priory Hospital Roehampton
London International Polyclinic
57-61 Newington Causeway
I am an experienced Integrative Psychotherapist and Spanish Psychologist based in London.
I trained as a Psychologist in Spain, and further specialised in the UK in clinical psychology, addictions and eating disorders.
I have experience working within the NHS, as well as working privately at The Priory Hospital Roehampton, where I work for the Addiction Treatment Programme. Furthermore, I have experience working with children and adolescents, applying short-term CBT, as well as facilitating group and couples therapy. Moreover, my training as a psychologist allows me to draw on a wide range of psychological theories in conjunction with the therapeutic approach, which is of particular interest when working with dual diagnosis (people who experience a mental health condition and a substance abuse problem simultaneously).
Finally, I have completed the Master Practitioner in Eating Disorders and Obesity with the National Centre for Eating Disorders and I do regular “pro-bono” work for "Free Me”, a London based charity that provides free care and support to women recovering from eating disorders and addictions.
Training, qualifications & experience
My main fields of expertise are addictions and associated disorders, eating disorders, anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, and relationship problems. I facilitate group therapy and deliver both one-to-one therapy and couples therapy regularly. I am registered with the British Psychological Association (BPS), the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and the Spanish Psychological Association (Col. M-33197). My practice complies with the ethical and professional guidelines of these organisations, and I have full DBS (CRB) Certification, professional indemnity insurance, and regular clinical supervision.
- Bachelor of Science, Psychology (BSc)
- Master’s of Science, Clinical Psychology (MSc)
- BACP Accredited Postgraduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling (PGDip)
- CBT Core Clinical Competencies training with Christine A. Padesky, PhD
- The Tavistock Centre Couples Therapy CPD
- Master Practitioner in Eating Disorders and Obesity
- MBPsS – Graduate Member of the BPS (British Psychological Association)
- MBACP (Reg) – Member of the BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy)
- Spanish Psychological Association (Col. M-33197)
English and Spanish
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I am available to see individuals and couples for therapy during weekdays in the evenings.
Please contact me to discuss fees.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available to see individuals and couples during weekdays in the evenings.
Types of client