Margaret Price MNCS (Accred), Dip HE Counselling, PG Adv Dip Supervision
I am an experienced psychotherapeutic counsellor and I offer individual face-to-face counselling.
I work with adults who are struggling with life issues and want an empathic therapist to help them to get in touch with underlying emotions in order to grow in self-awareness and self-acceptance. These are some of the clients and situations I work with:
- adults who experience depression and low self-esteem, difficulties in coping with life, anxiety and a sense of failure, hurt and anger from past losses and disappointments
- adults who have experienced childhood abuse, neglect or trauma, to help them to process their experiences so that they can reach a place of acceptance and resolution and move on into a more integrated and fulfilling life
- adults experiencing abusive relationships who want help in becoming strong enough to leave
- women who have a low opinion of themselves and find that life for a woman in the UK is increasingly complicated, confusing and difficult
- women in middle age or older struggling with the 'empty nest' now that their children have all left home
- people who have experienced bereavement or other losses such as separation and divorce, betrayal and abandonment, relationship breakdown, the loss of a child, abortion or miscarriage, redundancy, the loss of a job or career
- adults whose relationship with one or both parents, past or present, causes them conflict and distress
What you can expect from me:
- Someone who is genuinely interested in you and your life
- Acceptance, respect, active listening, encouragement, new perspectives
- Space and time with clear boundaries within which the 'real you' can emerge
I have a relational style and I feel that the counselling relationship itself is very significant in moving things forward and promoting healing and lasting change.
I was trained in an integrative person-centred approach and I sometimes use creative methods in my work, borrowing concepts and strategies from other approaches such as inner child therapy and transactional analysis.
I also offer individual supervision for counsellors. This can be either face-to-face or via Skype. See my Supervision profile for more details.
Training, qualifications & experience
I work in private practice and as a voluntary counsellor, from premises in Corsham and Chippenham in North Wiltshire. I have worked in private practice for eleven years.
I have worked as a counsellor in different local settings for sixteen years. While I was training I worked at agencies in Trowbridge and Chippenham as a voluntary counsellor and gained some valuable experience helping people struggling with all kinds of problems.
This is a summary of my training and qualifications:
- Accredited Registrant Counsellor with the National Counselling Society
- Registrant Counsellor with the Association of Christian Counsellors
- Approved Supervisor with the National Counselling Society
- Member of the Swindon Counsellors and Psychotherapists Network (SCPN)
- Dip HE in Pastoral Counselling (University of Gloucestershire)
- Certificate in Counselling Theory (Central School for Counselling Training)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (CSCT)
- Accredited PG Advanced Diploma in Counselling Supervision (University of Gloucestershire)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
My normal counselling fee is £50 per session.
I sometimes have appointments for those on very low incomes to pay reduced fees. Please enquire about this when you contact me.
For supervision sessions of an hour and a half my fee is £65.
I usually work on Tuesday afternoons and on Fridays.
I use premises in Corsham and Chippenham in North Wiltshire, which are centrally located, very quiet and discreet. There are regular bus and train services close by, and several car parks within a few minutes walk.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
The premises where I work do not have wheelchair access; however I can arrange an alternative venue on the ground floor if this is required; please enquire when you contact me.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I trained to be a Supervisor at the Kathy Raffles Counselling Service in Taunton, and was awarded a Postgraduate Advanced Diploma in Counselling Supervision by the University of Gloucestershire.