Margaret Price MNCS (Accred), Dip HE Counselling, PG Adv Dip Supervision
+447967209217 / 07967 209217
I am an experienced psychotherapeutic counsellor and I offer individual face-to-face counselling.
I work with adults who are struggling with life issues and want an empathic therapist to help them to get in touch with underlying emotions in order to grow in self-awareness and self-acceptance. These are some of the clients and situations I work with:
- adults who experience depression and low self-esteem, difficulties in coping with life, anxiety and a sense of failure, hurt and anger from past losses and disappointments
- adults who have experienced childhood abuse, neglect or trauma, to help them to process their experiences in later life so that they can reach a place of acceptance and resolution and move on into a more integrated and fulfilling life
- adults experiencing abusive relationships who want help in becoming strong enough to leave
- women who have a low opinion of themselves and find that life for a woman in the UK is increasingly complicated, confusing and difficult
- women in middle age or older struggling with the 'empty nest' now that their children have all left home
- people who have experienced bereavement or other losses such as separation and divorce, betrayal and abandonment, relationship breakdown, the loss of a child, abortion or miscarriage, redundancy, the loss of a job or career
- adults whose relationship with one or both parents, past or present, causes them conflict and distress
What you can expect from me:
- Someone who is genuinely interested in you and your life
- Acceptance, respect, active listening, encouragement, new perspectives
- Space and time with clear boundaries within which the 'real you' can emerge
I have a relational style and I feel that the counselling relationship itself is very significant in moving things forward and promoting healing and lasting change.
I was trained in an integrative person-centred approach and I sometimes use creative methods in my work, borrowing concepts and strategies from other approaches such as inner child therapy and transactional analysis.
I also offer individual supervision for counsellors. This can be either face-to-face or via Skype. See my Supervision profile for more details.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Accredited Registrant Counsellor with the National Counselling Society
- Registrant Counsellor with the Association of Christian Counsellors
- Approved Supervisor with the National Counselling Society
- Member of the Swindon Counsellors and Psychotherapists Network (SCPN)
- Dip HE in Pastoral Counselling (University of Gloucestershire)
- Certificate in Counselling Theory (Central School for Counselling Training)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (CSCT)
- Accredited PG Advanced Diploma in Counselling Supervision (University of Gloucestershire)
I have worked as a counsellor in different local settings for 15 years. While I was training I worked at agencies in Trowbridge and Chippenham as a voluntary counsellor and gained some valuable experience helping people struggling with all kinds of problems.
I have worked in private practice for ten years.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
My normal counselling fee is £50 per session.
I sometimes have appointments for those on very low incomes to pay reduced fees. Please enquire about this when you contact me.
For supervision sessions of an hour and a half my fee is £60.
I have some evening appointments for people who cannot attend counselling during the day.
I use premises in Chippenham and Corsham, which are centrally located, very quiet and discreet. There are regular bus and train services close by, and several car parks within a few minutes walk.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I trained to be a Supervisor at the Kathy Raffles Counselling Service in Taunton, and was awarded a Postgraduate Advanced Diploma in Counselling Supervision by the University of Gloucestershire.