You may be going through a difficult patch in your life, or feel stuck and are wondering if counselling may help you find a way through. I offer a warm, accepting, confidential environment in which to make your healing journey; discover your strengths and move forward with your life.
You are the expert on yourself: I am there to facilitate your recovery, self-exploration and the growth of your inner resources. Ultimately, what will make the changes you hope for possible will be our relationship: A relationship in which to feel heard, respected, understood, accepted and safe.
Because this relationship is so important to the counselling, I usually suggest that we meet for a free introductory session to make sure that you feel I am the right person for you.
Counselling takes place in a comfortable and private room which is easily accessible from the A3. The room is set up to facilitate both talking and creative therapy.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have a lifetime of experience working with adults, teenagers and children in different contexts, including therapeutic communities, schools and the developing world. My counselling experience covers a range of issues: Baby loss, anxiety, bereavement, school phobia, living with difference, chronic illness, cross-cultural stress, depression, social anxiety, family breakdown, abuse, loneliness, parenting problems, low self-esteem, spiritual crisis and many more.
Whatever problem you wish to work on, I offer an integrated service drawing from the best of different approaches such as cognitive behavioural therapy, systemic, person-centred, mindfulness, psychodynamic and creative therapies.
I am presently counselling at Mayville High School in Southsea, Hampshire, and hold an advanced DBS for working with vulnerable adults and for the child workforce.
My qualifications and experience:
- Post Graduate Diploma Integrative Counselling (Level 7): Roehampton University.
- British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) individual member.
- Petersfield Counselling Service: General adult counselling.
- Lifeline: Baby-loss counselling: Reading, Berkshire.
- CAMHS (Child And Mental Health Services): Art therapy with children as trainee.
- Story Links Certificate: Therapeutic Story Writing: Hampshire Services.
- Level 4. Positive Parenting Program Provider
- Bachelor of Arts Hons: Related Arts: Chichester University.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Gender dysphoria
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
I charge £50 for a one hour session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available to see private clients on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9.00am to 7.30pm
Types of client