Dr Marcus Averbeck
0791 4038 123
I am a Consultant Psychotherapist and Mindfulness Teacher, offering Psychotherapy and Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy, to:
With a specialised experience of more than 20 years in psychotherapy and relationship counselling, together with a caring, compassionate and non-judgmental approach, you are in safe and experienced hands.
I am passionate about helping my clients to experience life more fully and deal with life's challenges in a healthy way. I enjoy helping people to create nourishing loving relationships, of all kinds.
My aim is to offer a range of the highest quality psychotherapy and relationship counselling and to help enhance client’s wellbeing. I am constantly striving to seek best practice methodologies.
I like my clients to leave feeling listened to, understood, and educated on how to build a better relationship with their partner, while at the same time bringing out the best in themselves.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Over 20 years of experience as a qualified psychotherapist in the NHS.
- Since 2003 Head of Family Therapy for a large Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust in the South East of London.
- Since 2009 Trust lead for the implementation of MBCT
- Associate Teacher at the Oxford Mindfulness Center
- Registered Psychotherapist with UKCP
- Registered Supervisor with the Association for Family Therapy (AFT)
- Registered Supervisor with the Mindfulness Network, UK
BA in Philosophy (Frankfurt/Main)
MA in Theology and Pastoral Psychology (Frankfurt/Main)
MSc in Systemic Psychotherapy (King's College, London)
DPsych in Psychotherapy (University of London)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Life Coaching
- Excessive Rumination
- Supervision for professionals (See additional information above)
- Organisational dilemmas
- Mindfulness-based Stress reduction (MBSR)
- Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy (MBCT)
- Supervision for MBSR and MBCT teachers
- Career & life skills
- Relationship Difficulties (families, couples)
- Compulsive Behaviours, OCD
- Anger outbursts
- Abuse and Trauma
- Addictive Behaviours
- Bereavements and Loss
- Self-Esteem and Confidence
- Psychological Support with Physical Health Problems
- Life crises
Consultant Psychotherapist fees:
- Sessions for individuals are 60 minutes and cost £70
- Couples Therapy sessions are 75 minutes and cost £90
- Family sessions last up to 90 minutes and cost £100
- The 8-week MBCT course costs £250 per person for the group program (£480 for one-to-one sessions)
Concessions are available for those who are unemployed.
For psychotherapists, counsellors and related professionals:
As an AFT accredited systemic supervisor I offer systemic supervision to individuals and groups who are working systemically with individuals, couples or families, either as part of their training or their CPD.
Supervision sessions can be held retrospectively (talking about aspects of your clinical practice) or ‘live’, in which case I can join your clinical practice as part of the therapeutic system.
Supervision Sessions for professionals cost £70 per hour
Mindfulness Based Supervision
I offer supervision to professionals who use MBCT and/or MBSR in their clinical practice.
In line with UKCP and AFt codes of ethics, the psychotherapy and supervision provided is confidential.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||English & German|
8:00 am - 9:00 pm; Some weekend appointments
Types of client
Supervision & training
Systemic Supervision & Mindfulnes Based Supervision.View supervision profile