Marc James (Prof.Dip.Psy; Ad.Dip.Psy.C
I provide a safe and confidential service and work to support people to make the changes they value most which. I support you to reach a place in your life where it feels more in balance, less stressful and allow you to be more ion control of your life.
I use a range of skills and techniques, including CBT, Inner Child Therapy, Motivational change, couples work, Grief and Loss, Trauma informed practice, Anger Management and many more.
Everyone is unique, with individual experiences that require respect and care. Choice is important for individuals and our work together with be a joint and equally shared experience.
I see counselling as working together to facilitate positive change or see life through a different lens.
Please feel free to call or email for a free consultation to decide how you want to go forward.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Certificate in Hypnotherapy & Counselling Skills
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Advanced Diploma in Mindfulness & CBT
- RESPECT - Facilitator training IPV (domestic abuse)
- RESPECT - Risk Assessment training
- Trauma Focused - CBT
- Working with Trauma (PODS training)
Diploma in Working with Men (NTU)
Working with Sexual Abuse Training
I am experienced in working with both individuals and groups and for many years have held senior positions in the field of service development. I was awarded Innovator of Year 2014 by the largest Charity in East Anglia for developing an holistic approach to domestic abuse, working with victims, children and abusive partners.
My work has been further recognised by the the Government Funded 'Fatherhood Institute' for National Best Practice and I am a skilled parenting trainer.
I worked for a number of years providing Parenting Courses; Anger Management groups and Stress Management courses. I have been involved in developing programmes with Inner London Probation Service and Cambridgeshire Adult Learning.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Existential therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Group therapy
- Human Givens psychotherapy
- Interpersonal therapy
Photos & videos
Please enquire on my website:
Fees: £35 for 50 minute sessions.
Fees for Couples: £48 for 75 minutes sessions.
I provide a friendly counselling service. Changes in life are possible and counselling provides a way of exploring making changes or looking at life in a different way. In a way, where change is difficult, we can at least make life work more in our favour.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mondays to Thursdays - Evening after 6pm; Wednesday 9am - 8pm; Fridays 9am - 8pm Saturdays - 8am - 12pm Sundays 8am - 12pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|