Marc James (Prof.Dip.Psy; Ad.Dip.Psy.C
I provide a safe and confidential service and work to support you to make the changes that matter to you. I support you to reach a place in your life where it feels more in balance, less stressful and allow you to be more in control of your life.
I use a range of skills and techniques, including CBT, DBT, Inner Child Therapy, Motivational change, couples work, Grief and Loss, Trauma informed practice, Anger Management and many more that meet individual need.
Everyone is unique, with individual experiences that require respect and care. Choice is important for individuals and our work together with be focused on achieving the goals you set out, exploring what changes you can make with my professional support along this journey.
I see counselling as working together to facilitate positive change and to reach point where you begin to see life through a different lens, focusing on positive change and managing to better cope with lifes' challenges.
Please feel free to call or email for a free consultation to decide how you want to go forward.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Diploma is Couples & Family Therapy
- Certificate in Hypnotherapy & Counselling Skills
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Advanced Diploma in Mindfulness & CBT
- RESPECT - Facilitator training IPV (domestic abuse)
- RESPECT - Risk Assessment training
- Trauma Focused - CBT
- Working with Trauma (PODS training)
- Working with Sexual Abuse
- Diploma in Supporting Men
- Suicide Prevention
- Trauma Informed Practice
- Mindfulness Teacher
- Disabilities Training
- Cert. Confidence Building
- DBT skills practice
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Art and Creative Therapy
I am experienced in working with both individuals and groups and for many years have held senior positions in the field of service development. I was awarded Innovator of Year 2014 by the largest Charity in East Anglia for developing an holistic approach to domestic abuse, working with victims, children and abusive partners.
My work has been further recognised by the the Government Funded 'Fatherhood Institute' for National Best Practice and I am a skilled parenting trainer.
I worked for a number of years providing Parenting Courses; Anger Management groups and Stress Management courses. I have been involved in developing programmes with Inner London Probation Service and Cambridgeshire Adult Learning.
I have held senior positions (Service Manager and Consultant Project Lead) with clinical focus and also invented the board game 'Therapy in a Box' for schools.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I am available to provide training to organisations around understanding trauma, domestic abuse.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Existential therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Group therapy
- Human Givens psychotherapy
- Interpersonal therapy
Photos & videos
Please enquire on my website:
Fees: £35 for 1 hour session.
Fees for Couples: £45 for 75 minutes sessions.
I provide a friendly counselling service. Changes in life are possible and counselling provides a way of exploring making changes or looking at life in a different way. In a way, where change is difficult, we can at least make life work more in our favour.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Wheelchair user access:||Yes|
I have a counselling cabin, which is cosy, warm and peaceful.
- Mondays - 9am - 8pm
- Tuesdays - 5pm - 9pm
- Wednesdays - 9am - 9pm
- Thursdays - 5pm - 9pm
- Fridays - 9am - 4pm
- Saturdays 9am - 11am
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|