01354 669958 / 07443 909186
I provide a safe and confidential service in and around Fenland and beyond. I work using a psychodynamic approach, which means I use a range of skills to suit individual needs. Everyone is unique, and I respect choice.
I see counselling as working together to facilitate positive change or see life through a different lens.
Please feel free to call or email for a free consultation to decide how you want to go forward.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Certificate in Hypnotherapy & Counselling Skills
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Advanced Diploma in Mindfulness & CBT
- RESPECT - Facilitator training IPV (domestic abuse)
- RESPECT - Risk Assessment training
- Trauma Focused - CBT
- Working with Trauma (PODS training)
Diploma in Working with Men (NTU)
Working with Sexual Abuse Training
I am experienced in working with both individuals and groups and for many years have held senior positions in the field of service development. I was awarded Innovator of Year 2014 by the largest Charity in East Anglia for developing an holistic approach to domestic abuse, working with victims, children and abusive partners.
My work has been further recognised by the the Government Funded 'Fatherhood Institute' for National Best Practice and I am a skilled parenting trainer.
I worked for a number of years providing Parenting Courses; Anger Management groups and Stress Management courses. I have been involved in developing programmes with Inner London Probation Service and Cambridgeshire Adult Learning.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
Photos & videos
Please enquire on my website: www.jamestherapies.co.uk
I will discuss fees with you and put this into a written contract between us.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|