Maple Leaf Counselling and Training Centre
162 Illshaw Heath Road
Maple Leaf Counselling
Hi, thanks for taking the time to have a look at our profile and counselling centre. At Maple Leaf we have fully qualified counsellors, supervisors and trainers working with both adults and children in a friendly warm atmosphere.
Choosing a counsellor can be quite daunting so please feel free to give us a call with no obligation and we can discuss in confidence your reasons for wanting to see a counsellor and if you would like to make an appointment. All our counsellors are members of ethical bodies such as BACP or BABCP, orNCS and our centre is registered to teach CPCAB counselling and supervision training courses.
We offer personal one to one counselling using a wide range of therapies including; Cognative Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Transaction Analysis, Person Centred, Relationship, Rewind Therapy and Bereavement and loss. These different therapies can help with a wide range of problems and concerns.
At Maple Leaf Counselling and Training Centre we provide a caring professional Counselling, Supervision and teaching service.
How counselling can help?
Our counsellors have a wide range of experience helping people with their problems such as; anxiety, depression, bereavement, relationship difficulties, unemployment, OCD, work related issues, self esteem, bullying, body image, self confidence, mental ill health and anger issues. Counselling can help you to explore what is happening in your life, how you feel and what you would like to be different.
What to expect in your first session.
Whatever your problem, you will not be judged in any way. In the initial session we can explore what has brought you to counselling and look at what you would like to achieve.
There are several counsellors available on site to help with various concerns;
Gail Roberts (owner) Counsellor, Supervisor and Trainer
Sharon Gibbons (her profile can be found under Solihull counsellors)
Paula Flanagan (her profile can be found under Solihull counsellors)
Erica Pickering: Counsellor and Trainer email@example.com
Sadhna Prashar: Specialising in Asian Counselling firstname.lastname@example.org
Jan Harper CBT Counsellor and Supervisor: 07950 229711 email@example.com.
Heather Benbow: (her profile can be found under Solihull counsellors)
Sarah Guy (her profile can be found under Solihull counsellors)
Carol Moseley firstname.lastname@example.org
Jayne Tomkinson email@example.com
Maple Leaf also provide a Supervision service for counsellors and students, both group and one to one.
We are CPCAB registered to teach counselling courses and are currently running Level 2 to Level 6 with new level 4 and 5 starting in September 2017. Level 2 (beginners) and level 3 planned for September 2017.Level 6 Supervision course starts Sat 20th January - (see website for details)
Please call or e-mail us for further information.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and experience of Gail Roberts (owner)
- Diploma in Counselling Supervision,
- HND in CBT Counselling and integrative therapy (this covers many different types of counselling).
- Qualified trainer of CPCAB counselling courses
- Qualified to work with children and young people
- Cruse bereavement service accredited
I have been trained as an Integrative therapist which allows me to call upon a range of methods and approaches to meet your needs. I have worked with children from 5 years old through to adults of all ages and through all types of problems.
As a part of my ongoing training for Counsellors Continued Personal (CPD) development, I have listed a few of the subjects I have had ongoing training on:
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- DBT (Dialectical Behaviour Therapy)
- Transactional Analysis (relationship problems)
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Working with Children
- Anger Management
- OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
Member organisations *
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling we deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- 08/05/18 - L2 (CSK-L2) certificate in counselling skills
- 09/05/18 - L2 (CSK-L2) certificate in counselling skills
- 14/05/18 - L3 (CST-L3) certificate in counselling studies
- 18/05/18 - L3 (CST-L3) certificate in counselling studies
Appointments are flexible with day or evening appointments. Fees vary from £35 to £50 (each counsellor will have their own rate) per hour for one to one counselling.
Please call for couples,groups, company counselling or supervision.
Plenty of car parking available.
Counselling and training rooms available for hire.
Workshops available throughout the year on a variety of subjects
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Punjabi Hindi Urdu|
You may call us between 9am and 5.30pm weekdays, or e-mail at any time. Alternative e-mail; firstname.lastname@example.org
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Hi, thanks for taking the time to look at my profile.View supervision profile