Life can be difficult and at times it can feel overwhelming. Difficulties and challenges, old and new, can effect our well-being, our relationships with others and can lead to feelings of confusion or uncertainty, depression and anxiety.
Counselling can offer a safe and confidential space to talk through these issues or emotional difficulties and gain a clearer insight. This greater sense of self-awareness can allow you to make changes, adapt and develop existing thoughts, feelings and behaviours and allow you to move towards healing and more fulfilled sense of well-being
I am a fully qualified counsellor and accredited member of BACP, I use an Integrative approach which means that I incorporate different elements of specific counselling theories depending on whatever issues my clients are dealing with. In other words, one shoe may not fit all and as an integrative therapist I believe that there is no single approach that can support a client in all situations.
I am also a Certified Play Therapist and a member of PTUK.
I experience in working with both adults, children and young people.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Suicidal Ideation - prevention, intervention and postvention and being bereaved by suicide.
- Anxiety & Depression - in Northern Ireland 1 in 5 of us will face a mental health problem sometime in our lives.
- Low Self Esteem - most children suffer alone with a sense of worthlessness. Many become adults with the same loneliness and sense of defeat
- Stress - one of the biggest problems causing absenteeism from school or lost days off work.
- Addiction - whether with alcohol, drugs, food or gambling lives fall apart and families hurt.
- Grief - feeling alone or not understood after the loss of someone.
- Life Transitions - often the most difficult part of life is fitting in after a
significant move or change. Sexual orientation/LGBT
- Trauma Related Issues - can result in the replay of unwanted horrible images, fear, isolation and harm.
- Anger Management - this is not a problem with being angry. Everyone has the right to be angry. It is more how you express anger and control it rather than it controlling you.
- Play Therapy
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Art therapy/Art psychotherapy
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
£40 per session
£35 per session for students
Evening sessions are available if necessary
If you have any further questions or queries, or if you simply want to talk through any information on this profile please do not hesitiate to contact me via phone or email and I'd be happy to help
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Most evenings and Saturday
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|