Mandy Rogan Children & Young People Counsellor, Trauma Professional, Supervisor.
What kind of counsellor am I?
I am a children and young people's counsellor and have 20 years experience of working with our children and young people in educational and therapeutic settings, trusting when your child or young person seeks help, counselling untangles the knots that cause hurt and anxiety and offers the kind re-assurance that they have not dropped out of sight.
I am also a counselling supervisor and work with qualified counsellors and students.
How does counselling start?
- An initial consultation is really helpful to get a better sense of what is involved and I hope that I'm able to put you, your child or young person at ease and answer any queries you may have on the counselling process.
- The nature of trust is enhanced by the acceptance that the sessions are confidential unless there is a disclosure of personal safety being at risk.
Where do I work from?
- I am currently working online. When restrictions ease I work from therapeutic rooms based in London, Glasgow and Ayr. I very much hope you will find me understanding in fitting in with the family's needs when arranging session times.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I work in private practice and recently spent three years developing a new counselling service within the NHS for our children and young people to access through their GP Surgery. I have also set up several counselling services in primary schools, and last year met with the Scottish Government to discuss the long term benefits of counselling in schools and creating an accessible and relatable mental health service for our young through the security of their GP practice.
- I started my training to specialise as a *psychodynamic children and young people's counsellor back in 2012. I am also a certified child and adolescent trauma professional. I have had the privilege of working with all age groups, and for many years I worked as a Music Specialist and piano teacher in nurseries, primary and secondary schools as well as privately.
- It is always my objective that the work experiences I've had, offers my clients a kind space where they can find the peace and confidence to begin to think about what's going on for them. Together we start the work to unearth and make sense of the feelings that cause our anxieties, and make us feel stuck and scared, to reveal personal strengths and unique insight. Valuable steps towards positive change and feeling happy again.
- * You can find out more about what psychodynamic training means by simply carrying out a search on the internet.
- PG Diploma Counselling Children & Young People (Simpson House, Edinburgh)
- Certified Child & Adolescent Trauma Professional, IATP, PESI
- Certificate in Counselling Supervision ~ COSCA, Glasgow
- Certificate in Counselling Skills ~ COSCA, Glasgow
- Diploma in Pre-School Practice, Pre-school Learning Alliance, London
- Fine Arts Certificate, London
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I work with clients with an age range from 4 to 24 years of age. I am happy to work with clients older than 24 years.
Concessions offered for
Fees are £40 for hourly counselling sessions and for counselling supervision. Concessions are available to students.
Available online Jan. 2021 for counselling and supervision on Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays. Face to face sessions in London, Glasgow, Ayr when restrictions ease.
I will always aim to reply to enquiries within a couple of hours. If I have been unable to get back to you within that timescale it will be due to client work.