Manda Glanfield, BACP Accredited Counsellor
175-177 Borough High Street
I specialise in offering a therapeutic relationship that can help you make sense of your experience and steer a course through life's difficulties. Whether you feel trapped in your relationships, bullied at work or overwhelmed by life, being related to authentically by another can help you unravel the elements and identify what is needed. The counselling relationship is one in which you feel heard, seen and met as you are, free from opinion, advice or judgement. I'm there to help you explore thoughts and feelings, past and present, to shine a light towards a better future.
I have 10 years' experience as a person centred counsellor, specialising in working short and long term with individuals experiencing relationship and/or family difficulties, work based issues, trauma and depression. I also offer group workshops for organisations wishing to support teams facing particular challenges, eg. working with bereavement.
I have developed my practice to incorporate existential therapy, which means I can work to help you understand the meaning that you make from your experience, and to address any fears that may be hindering you in your life.
Call now for a free 15-min telephone consultation before making an initial appointment.
My work is clinically supervised which means that I discuss the work I am doing with you, with a clinical supervisor, in a way that protects your identity and in a confidential setting. This is an essential part of every counsellor's practice and helps maintain high standards within the profession.
I undertake regular CPD (continuing professional development) to ensure my working knowledge is relevant and up to date.
I abide by the BACP's Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and qualifications
- Higher Professional Diploma in Counselling, City & Guilds, Lewisham College (2008)
- Existential Therapy module (2007) and workshops (2015, 2016)
- Continuing Professional Development training 2008-present includes Working with Anger, Abuse, Working Therapeutically Outdoors, Equine Assisted Therapy, Assessment in Therapy.
- BACP registered (2012) reg. no. 026573.
- BACP accredited (2012)
- Member, BACP Private Practice division
Since qualifying in 2007 I have worked in the NHS and community services in south-east London, as well as running my own practice, specialising in individual and workplace counselling, since 2012. For many years I worked with adolescents at a Pupil Referral Unit where I developed a one-to-one gardening therapy service, along with delivering individual counselling, group therapy and psychoeducational groups. Prior to training as a counsellor I was a musician / artist / producer with a long career in the music business.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
£50 - £70
Daytime and evening appointments available, Monday to Saturday.
How to find me
- Streatham Hill/West Norwood, SE27 Located in a quiet neighbourhood close to Streatham Hill and West Norwood stations. Easily accessible from Clapham, Balham, Brixton, Crystal Palace and surrounding areas.
- London Bridge, SE1 A quiet, private room within an elegant Georgian building on Borough High Street, between London Bridge and Borough stations. Easily accessible from the city, Waterloo, Canary Wharf and Elephant & Castle.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon-Sat, daytime and evening.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|