Bridge Of Weir
What kind of counsellor am I?
I offer a person-centred service to individuals and couples. You can find out more about what it means to be 'Person-Centred' by simply carrying out a search on the internet; but essentially it means that I offer you a safe place to explore those difficult feelings in an environment of genuine care and empathy without fear of judgement.
Where can you find me?
From December the 18th I will be based in the village of Bridge of Weir, Renfrewshire, but for the moment at least will continue to see clients from the offices of Relationships Scotland in Ayr on Thursdays and Fridays. I am able to offer morning and afternoon appointments for both locations
What else should you know about me and my service?
When we meet I hope that you will quite quickly be at ease - even if you have never sought counselling before! I hope also that you will find me flexible and accommodating, so that if you are unable to commit to the same time, or even regular sessions, that I will fit in with your life as best I can.
Training, qualifications & experience
- After working with young people for many years both as a class teacher and then as a pupil support teacher, I began counselling training to work with adults in 2011. After completing my counselling training I decided to continue teaching and working with Relationships Scotland . I left secondary teaching in April 2016 to concentrate on my private counselling practice and work with Relationships Scotland.
- I have a busy private practice, but I am always happy to take new enquiries. If I am unable to offer you an appointment within one week I'll try to give you the contact details of a counsellor I know.
- I am currently also working with the secondary school sector to offer a counselling service to young people.
- I am a fully accredited counselling trainer and deliver the COSCA Certificate in Counselling Skills at Strathclyde University as part of the tutor team within the Centre for Lifelong Learning.
- I am one of a team of counsellors to the student population of Strathclyde University.
- MA (Hons) - Glasgow University
- PGCSE (English) - Strathclyde University (Jordanhill)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills - Strathclyde University
- Diploma in Counselling - Strathclyde University
- Certificate in Couples Counselling - RS Edinburgh
- COSCA Trainer (Counselling and Psychotherapy Scotland)
- Temenos Person-Centred Certificate in Counselling Children and Young People.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Bipolar disorder
- Child related issues
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I am happy to work with young people in crisis who are 11+. I have had success with younger children, but this is not my specific area of expertise. If you need the contact details of a counsellor who can provide therapy for children of 10 years or less, then please email me.
From October 1st, 2017 my fees will be as follows:
Initial consultation - £30
Hourly fee thereafter - £40
Couples - £50
In-school, or other agency work - £280 per full day or £150 per part day of 3 hours (continuous).
In-service training - I can provide staff training in Listening Skills, Working with Conflict and Building Relationships. - £300 per day.
Note about fees - Can I ask you to give me a minimum of 24 hours notice of change to appointments. If you are unable to attend for reasons other than illness or similar, then can I please ask you to pay all or part of the hourly rate we have agreed. I'll try to mention this in the first session, but if I forget can I then ask you to bear this in mind.
Location of appointments
I am no longer able to see clients in Ayrshire.
*** Can I ask that you also supply a mobile number as well as an email, if at all possible. I have noticed that a number of replies have gone directly into the 'spam' folder of Hotmail, Gmail and other web-based email services. Alternatively, you may like to drop me a short text on 07572 860945 - I always aim to reply to enquiries within a couple of hours, if at all possible.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am currently unable to offer counselling to clients with mobility issues due to the number of stairs needed to access my room.
Monday 9am - 6pm * Tuesday 9am - 6pm * Wednesday 9am - 6pm * Friday 9am - 6pm * Saturday 10am - 2pm
Types of client