Malachy McGuone BA (Hons), MA, Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling, MBACP Accred
15-23 St. Pancras Way
I am a fully qualified, accredited and registered counsellor. I have a great deal of experience of working with people who are dealing with difficulties and major changes in their lives and the issues which arise; such as stress, anxiety, depression, trauma, relationship problems, grief, loneliness, loss of confidence, low self esteem, self harm, suicidal or hopeless feelings, illness, abuse, unmanageable anger, disability and addictions.
As an accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), I adhere to its Ethical Framework, and I offer a safe, supportive, confidential and non-judgemental environment where you can explore your concerns and feelings. It may be that you currently lack the opportunity to truly express yourself. It may be that you would rather not speak with those closest to you about what is bothering you. Being truly listened to can be extremely healing and my aim is to provide you with a space that can enable you to work through your difficulties and concerns at a pace that is comfortable for you. In an environment such as this, problems can be worked through, thus freeing us from what is holding us back and thereby enabling us to get the most from our lives.
As well as my private practice, I work as a counsellor with the Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB), where I counsel those who are affected by sight loss. I have a wealth of experience of counselling adults, young adults and students (tertiary level education and above) and people with a wide range of disabilities.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in therapeutic Counselling (Integrative) Accredited – 2008
- Certificate in Counselling Studies (Psychodynamic) - 2006
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (Psychodynamic) – 2006
- Narrative Therapy – Level 1 - 2011
- Certificate in Online Counselling (CPCAB) – 2016
- BA – English Literature and Irish Studies
- MA – Literature
- Counsellor at RNIB Action Sight Loss Counselling Team (May 2012 to present).
- Creative Writing Facilitator – Palliative Care Centre, Hospital of St. John and St. Elizabeth (June 2005 – January 2015).
- Counsellor at the West London Centre for Counselling (July 2009 – October 2011).
- Counsellor at the Counselling Service, Department of Student Services, London Metropolitan University (October 2007 – September 2011).
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Cross Cultural relationships
Individual Therapy Session (50 minutes) £60.00.
Initial assessment session - £60.00
I operate a seven day cancellation policy. Cancellations with seven days notice will not incur a charge. Otherwise, the full fee is payable.
Low cost slots are available for those on a low income or in receipt of benefits. Please enquire for further information and availability.
My consulting rooms are located in central London, approximately 10 minutes walk from St. Pancras train station. (Midland Road exit)
15 – 23 St. Pancras Way
Telephone: 07903 383 606
E-mail me using the contact form at the top of my profile.
If you would like to contact me, you can do so via my telephone or e-mail address and we can arrange an initial assessment session and discuss what you hope to gain from counselling and, if you are happy to proceed, we can then arrange further sessions.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available at my consulting rooms for face to face counselling sessions on Mondays and Fridays. For telephone counselling, I am available evenings and weekends.