Rose Practice - Clinical Psychologist - CBT Therapy
~ Online/Zoom sessions: I am only offering sessions online ~
Deciding on a therapist and choosing the right time and place for therapy can take some time. I hope you find the following information helpful in your search. There is more information on my website.
- HCPC registered Clinical Psychologist (*clinical psychologist is a protected title - only people who are trained and qualified CPs can register with this title under the HCPC)
- Experience of working in NHS therapeutic and psychological services since 2004. I currently work as a CP within NHS mental health services
- I work with people who have experienced a range of issues from mild concerns to complex and enduring problems
- I provide assessment and psychological treatments.
- Registered with AXA PPP healthcare, Aviva and Vitality health insurance
As a clinical psychologist I am trained to use a variety of therapy and psychological techniques.
- The main model I use is CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- I may also use ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy) and Behavioural therapy
I work collaboratively and flexibly with my clients in order to develop a personal and tailored understanding of their issues, a treatment plan and therapeutic work.
- I highly value a collaborative approach because I believe that the client is the expert in their own life and experiences. The psychologist brings expertise in therapy and psychology and together we work to understand and address the issues you wish to focus on.
Training, qualifications & experience
What issues I specialise in:
I have worked within primary, secondary care and specialist NHS services as a psychologist. I therefore have good experience of working with a range of psychological difficulties including: anxiety, depression, feeling sad, low self-esteem, phobia, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), panic and panic attacks, generalised anxiety disorder (GAD), distressing thoughts, experiences of paranoia and suspicious thoughts, unusual or odd experiences, bipolar disorder and psychosis.
In my NHS post I provide specialist psychological input to an adult community mental health service for individuals with complex and enduring mental health problems. I also develop and deliver training to staff teams on mental health issues and supervise trainee clinical psychologists.
- I work with the issues that people want to bring and feel are important to them
You may have a particular concern you wish to work on, or you might be uncertain about what specific category, diagnosis or terminology your experiences fit with. That’s perfectly ok too; I don’t believe in working rigidly or ticking boxes when not needed. Therapy sessions are often used as a safe space to reflect on our experiences, hopes, goals and values, to better understand why certain problems might be affecting us at this point in our lives and to think about how we want things to be in the future. In the first session we will discuss what you want to get from therapy, current issues and make a plan for future sessions.
It is important to find the right fit for you. Please feel free to email/phone/text me to discuss your needs and requirements and ask any questions.
Qualifications and accreditations
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, DClinPsy (University of London)
- Psychology BSc (hons)
- Registered with the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC)
Member organisations *
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 16 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
Areas of counselling we deal with
Initial telephone consultations, message/email enquiries - free
Online sessions (Zoom): please enquire via email
Insurance clients: I am registered with - AXA PPP healthcare, Aviva, Vitality Health. Please check with your insurer and your policy how many sessions are covered, if there is a limit or cap on sessions, and whether you as the client are responsible for any excess payments because these will differ between insurance companies and policies.
Areas I work in:
- Online - currently I am only offering online sessions
- Angel Islington - Prebend St, London N1 8PT
- Finchley, North London - The Bothy, 17A East End Road, N3 3QE or
294-296 Nether St, N3 1RJ - depending on room availability on the day/time needed