Lynsey Lowe, Counsellor & psychotherapist, Supervisor & Trainer
Citibase Plc Broadway Business Centre
32A Stoney Street
Hello. I'm an experienced counsellor and therapist having worked with individuals or groups experiencing difficulties for over 13 years. I'm experienced in working with anxiety, depression, abuse, and relationship problems. Please feel free to contact me to find out if I can help with your particular problem or difficulty.
People consider therapy for all sorts of reasons. You might be in crisis and feel you've got to "do something". You may have been aware for a long time that there's something you need to look at. Perhaps you're depressed, lacking energy or just feeling that life just feels as if there’s something missing, that there's not much pleasure or joy?
It can feel daunting to find a therapist. Firstly you’ve made the decision to try counselling and then you begin the journey of finding the right counsellor for you. Research indicates that a good relationship with your counsellor is the most important aspect of therapy. So it’s important you look for someone you think you can work with and feel comfortable with.
I am a counsellor with many years experience of helping others in a variety of different roles. I'm an accredited, BACP registered counsellor and psychotherapist. I am also a qualified supervisor. I've experience working with relationship difficulties, abuse, anger, trauma, anxiety and depression. Please do get in touch and we can explore together whether counselling is the right way forward for you.
I work with individuals and couples. I also provide supervision for therapists, either individually or groups.
I offer a professional but friendly service in a confidential environment in which you can explore your difficulties. I provide counselling with an emphasis on supporting you to a greater understanding of yourself and your problems and enabling you to find solutions and ways to cope.
We all have times in our lives when we are struggling to cope with something; anxiety, depression, relationship issues or work problems. The range of difficulties people come to see me about are as varied as the people I’ve worked with. No problem is too big, nor too small. If it is impacting on your ability to enjoy life, then it's worth spending time to try and change it.
If you need help with anger, feeling low or depressed, anxiety, work-related stress, a difficult or challenging relationship, help with addictions, affairs or help to manage stress then get in touch and we can arrange an initial appointment.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Working towards COSRT Certificate in Couples Therapy:
- The Fundamentals of Working with Couples
- Dealing with Affairs
- Meeting Couple's Needs
- Sex, Arousal & Ageing
- Couple's & Conflict
- Communication & Difference
- PG Certificate in Trauma Studies
PG Certificate in Person-Centred Supervision
BA (Hons) Humanistic Counselling
Diploma in Counselling Practice
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Photos & videos
- 29/04/19 - Disclosure, safeguarding and the criminal justice process: your obligations to survivors of abuse
- 20/05/19 - Working practically with adult survivors of child abuse: an intermediate level workshop
- 20/05/19 - How to achieve safety and stabilisation in stage one trauma therapy
- 10/06/19 - Utilising mindfulness with clients - a practical workshop
- 24/06/19 - Working practically with adult survivors of child abuse: An introductory workshop
- 08/07/19 - Setting up a successful counselling practice: triumphs and tribulations
- 15/07/19 - Working with grief and loss - a practical workshop
- 07/10/19 - Your legal obligations to survivors of abuse: pre-trial therapy, disclosure and safeguarding
My fee is £50 or £55 per session (based on your income and ability to pay).
Couples therapy is £60 per one hour session (£70 after 6 pm)
Supervision fees are £50 for one hour and £65 for 1.5 hours
As well as being an experienced therapist and supervisor I am also experienced in group work and delivering training.
I have facilitated or delivered training in the following:
- groups for survivors of abuse
- mindfulness groups
- working with childhood abuse
- volunteers training in listening skills
- vicarious trauma & self-care
- careers development
Please visit my training website for more information on current training & CPD workshops.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I hold a Certificate in Person-Centred Supervision and began supervision in 2013.View supervision profile