Lynn Michaels MBACP (Snr Accred)
266 Baldwins Lane
I have 30 years experience as a qualified counsellor, having worked in both the NHS and private practice. I see individuals and couples for both short term and long term counselling. My approach is eclectic and I adapt my style of counselling to meet individual needs.
Our initial telephone conversation will enable us to understand what you may be looking for in counselling. I will then offer you an appointment to have our first meeting. This session is for us to assess and explore how we can work together; if not, then to guide you to an alternative form of support.
ALL CONSULTATIONS ARE CONFIDENTIAL.
The sessions will last 50 minutes. These are usually weekly sessions but can be flexible to suit individual needs. Daytime and evening appointments are available. All sessions take place in a quiet and private consulting room with a private entrance, waiting room and ample free street parking.
Training, qualifications & experience
- RELATE - 1986 -1989
- IGA 1991-1993 Advanced Course in Group Counselling
- Diploma in Clinical Supervision & Consultancy - Whittington Hospital NHS Trust 1998-2000
- DIT Training part 1 - 2015
- Ongoing Continuing Professional Development
- Accreditation Assessor for BAC 1996-1999
- EAP Workplace counselling 1993-2002
- NHS Counselling with GP Practices 1993 -2016
- Clinical Supervisor Individual and Group 1998-2016 St Albans Hospital Breast Care Unit, Lynda Jackson Centre Mount Vernon Hospital, Peace Hospice Watford.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
£55.00 for individuals
£65.00 for couples
Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and adhere to their ethical framework for good practice. I receive regular clinical supervision. I am insured and have an enhanced DBS certificate.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|