Lucy Chave Dip.Couns. MBACP, Adults and Young People
Sometimes life can feel challenging and seeking professional help can ease you through these times. Maybe there are past events that impact your daily life making you feel stuck or unable to more forward. Or maybe you need the opportunity to discuss current issues so that you can reach your own conclusions without opinion or input from family and friends.
Counselling is a personal journey and my role is to be with you, listening and understanding your world as it is for you. Together we can discuss what is important to you in a confidential environment where you can have the time and space to focus on you and understand your troubles.
As an integrative counsellor I draw on a range of theories to tailor sessions to your individual needs. Counselling can help make sense of the past, present and future allowing you to see life in a new light. You can find confidence, self-awareness, happiness and a greater understanding of difficulties.
Helping you find new ways
I help clients with a variety of challenges, including
- Life changing events - bereavement, loss, illness,
- Feelings - low self-esteem, self-harm, feeling suicidal, loneliness, rejection, negative feelings towards self or others
- Stress - work, exams, family, life in general
- Relationships - family, friends, marriage, bullying
Counselling can help you
- See and make positive changes in your life
- Have a greater understanding of who you are
- Become more self-aware
- See choices to enable you to better cope with the challenges you face
I am an experienced counsellor working with adults and young people (11 plus). I provide confidential counselling that is caring, supportive, respectful and non-judgemental.
I work from professional offices in central Farnham and have evening and daytime availability. I offer a free 20 minute telephone consultation to allow us to both explore how we can work together and answer any questions you have. Making the decision to have counselling is often the biggest challenge, and I hope this opportunity will remove any fear you have.
In addition to my private practice I am also lead counsellor at a 6th Form college.
For more information or to book an appointment please contact me here
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a registered member of the BACP and am DBS checked.
- CPCAB Level 5 Children and Young People
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- CPCAB Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
- CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- CPCAB Level 2 Award in Introduction to Counselling skills
- BSC Sociology
- CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personal and Development)
In line with the BACP ethical framework, I attend regular one to one and group supervision sessions. I am also committed to continuing professional development by conducting personal research and attending courses.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Photos & videos
Sessions will be 50 minutes long and are charged at £45 per session. Typically these are at the same time each week. Evening and daytime appointments are available.
The Eaves is above Robert Dyas in Downing Street, Farnham. Car Parking is nearby in the town centre car park.
To book an appointment please call on 07769 773044 or email me here
As a member of the BACP I adhere to their ethical framework. I also fulfil their requirements for ongoing learning and support. Further information can be found at www.bacp.co.uk
For more information please visit www.lucychavecounselling.co.uk, www.theeaves.org.uk,
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime,evening and weekend appointments
Types of client