Thank you for looking at my profile. I know that reaching out for help is a big step and that searching for a counsellor can be a challenge.
I offer in person individual counselling to adults (over 18 years of age).
- I am an integrative counsellor which means that I am trained in a variety of approaches (Person Centred, Psychodynamic and CBT.)
- I aim to develop a safe, supportive, therapeutic relationship with you. I am very friendly and down to earth.
- I have helped clients with a wide range of issues through both long and short term counselling.
- I have a particular interest in working with anxiety, childhood trauma and identity.
- I work with clients from all walks of life and I work extensively within the LGBT + community.
- I offer a compassionate, non-judgemental space for you to talk freely about and work on whatever is troubling you.
- I work from my welcoming, accessible office in Norwich and also on Zoom.
If you think I can help give me a call on 07904663114 or email me. We can arrange an initial consultation and then, if you’re happy to you can book a weekly or fortnightly session.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I am a UKCP accredited counsellor.
- BSc Psychology Birmingham University
- Certificate in Counselling Matrix College
- Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapeutic Counselling Matrix College
- BSc Integrative Psychotherapeutic Counselling Matrix College
Before becoming a counsellor I worked in schools for 25 years with children and their families.
I have worked at Off The Record counselling agency for 3 years supporting clients with a wide range of issues.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
£45.00 per session
I offer a 60 min reduced price initial session at £30
Weekly/Fortnightly 60 min counselling session £45
When I work
I have a small number of spaces and anticipate having a few more to offer in the coming weeks.
I offer face to face counselling. My ground floor office is fully accessible and located in central Norwich and has parking available should clients need it.