Getting to therapy can feel overwhelming.
In times of struggle I will meet you just where you are,when something deeper and wiser is asking to be met and addressed. With focused attention, open awareness and kind intention, I can help you reconnect with your own sense of feeling alive, and then wellbeing and joy becomes possible.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have an MA in Core Process Psychotherapeutic practice and I am working towards UKCP registration. Core Process Psychotherapy falls within the humanistic section of UKCP and BACP with whom I am also a registered member.
My experience is in early complex trauma.
I have additional training in: Working with adults affected by sexual abuse.
Shame and self-loathing.
Dealing with distress: Working with self-harm and suicide.
Trauma, dissociation and recovery.
Childhood sexual abuse: hope for recovery.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Your first session with me is free. I then charge £40 for an hour long session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
My therapeutic space is purpose built and all on the ground floor.
my practice times are Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday mornings but other times are negotiable.
Types of client