Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
When life presents varied challenges, we can experience a mixture of feelings; for example: Shock, numbness, fear, anger, sadness, confusion, powerlessness, hopelessness, disappointment, Depression, anxiety, identity crisis and more. We may not always know why we are feeling this way and counselling could help us understand our feelings better. I offer you a confidential and private space where I listen with warmth, empathy, care at your pace, so you can explore what is troubling you and to help support you through, enhancing your inner strengths and possible ways of moving forward with your authentic self.
My training is in Humanistic Counselling (BACP Accredited) grounded in Person Centred, blending training in Gestalt and Psychosynthesis practice and knowledge of Attachment Theory. My training also includes Accreditation in Bereavement Counselling with Cruse Bereavement Care and Dr John Wilson Phd. supporting Bereavement through the Pandemic. My current practice with IAPT for the NHS includes training in Counselling for Depression (PCE CfD) which is also Accredited.
I have been described as a warm, trustworthy, confidential, caring and empathetic professional who can offer a multi-dimensional model for each individual client, adhering to the BACP code of Ethics.
I offer both short and long-term counselling to a person with a variety of challenges including:
- Loss, Bereavement and Grief (including through Covid-19)
- Bereaved By Suicide
- Guilt and Shame
- Self Esteem
- Varied Addictions
- Relationship Issues
- Mental Health
- Working with Strengths/ Positive Psychology
- Awareness of LGBTQ
- Process of Transitions
- Childhood Sexual Abuse Recovery with adults
- Counselling within the criminal justice system specialising in substance/alcohol misuse.
Training, qualifications & experience
Current Practice :
In addition to my Private practice in Tonbridge, offering long and short term counselling. I am also a Counsellor for Insight IAPT - Talking Therapies, Kent and Medway, providing services on behalf of the NHS which offer short term counselling only.
- Counselling for Employment Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Counsellor within the Criminal Justice system as a Recovery and group Worker at CRI which involved working closely with various agencies and professionals including the Police, (custody suit) Probation, Social Workers and Doctors. The principal agency is Probation, for which was offered a range of services including one-to-one and group support to offenders who had been issued Alcohol Treatment Requirement (ATR) and Drug Requirement Rehabilitation (DRR) Orders by the courts, rather than a custodial sentence for crimes related to Drug and Alcohol abuse. I offered Adult Substance Misuse combined assessments including risk assessment work with Probation, and counselling.
- Counsellor, key worker and group worker at Kenward Trust - Alcohol Treatment Requirement Programme working with Criminal Justice.
- Voluntary Cruse Bereavment Counsellor at Maidstone Prison
- Voluntary Bereavment Counsellor for Cruse Bereavment Care Maidstone and Medway
- Counsellor at Tunbridge Wells Mental Health Resource Centre.
- Learning support Assistant at the then named Holmesdale Technology College secondary school, in an onsite exclusion unit for behaviourally challenged pupils.
- Art and General Learning Support Assistant. As a qualified Indian Head Massage Therapist, I founded and ran an in-house Indian Head Massage Therapy offering for pupils, to enhance well-being, reducing levels of stress and encouraging improved concentration, self-esteem and self-confidence at West Heath School in Sevenoaks.
- Voluntary Support Worker at Tonbridge Community Centre for Domestic Violence.
- Providing voluntary telephone counselling support relating to PTSD for the then named, Phobics Society
- BACP Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist
- Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Counselling
- Counselling for Depression (PCE-CfD) Accredited Course
- Accredited Cruse Bereavement Care Counselling
- Awareness in Bereavement Care
- Bereavement Counselling with Dr John Wilson Phd.
- Counselling People Bereaved during and by Covid-19 Pandemic with Dr John Wilson Phd
- Learning Support Assistant
- Indian Head Massage Therapist.
Continued Professional Development
I support my professional qualifications by attending a large number of CPD each year at a minimum rate of three times the BACP requirement, however, during the Pandemic I did over 300 hours across 2020 -2021. I have undertaken CPD in all of the following areas and regularly attend industry conferences:
- Supporting and Counselling people bereaved during the Covid 19 Pandemic
- Perimenopause and Menopause
- Attachment, attachment Disorder/Trauma & Recovery
- Mental Health and Mental Illness/Substance Misuse
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing)
- Domestic Violence
- The Prison of Shame
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) The ASIST training is for people who want to feel more comfortable, confident and competent in helping to prevent the immediate risk of suicide.
- Positive Psychology and Working with Strengths
- HIV Awareness
- Dissociation Trauma and Time - Travelling/Living with Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Understanding and Working with Issues of Anger.
- Working with Shame and Guilt
- A Child's Grief
- Attachment, Trauma and Dissociation
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- A Gestalt Approach to Sub-Personalities
- Bereaved By Suicide
- Attachment, Separation and Loss
- Sudden and Traumatic Death
- Understanding and working through Depression
- Working with Issues of Self- Esteem
- Creative Tools for Counselling
- Primary and Secondary Attachment
- Love and Loss/History and Problems
- Understanding Learning Difficulties
- Issues around Notes, Reports, Recordings and Record Keeping
- Children's CAF
- Data Protection and Human Rights
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£45.00 per session
Concessions offered for
Individuals - £45 for a 60 minute counselling session.
The first session includes an assessment. This is to explore and discuss what you would like from counselling. It also gives you an opportunity to ask me any questions about the therapy. This does not commit you to further sessions.
Concessions are available to Trainee Counsellors.
My Practice I offer long and short-term counselling on a one-to-one basis, over the phone and online.
Location I work from Tonbridge
Free parking in Tonbridge
Hours I currently have availability on Fridays.
When I work
Please contact me for my availability.