Lorri Weaving (FdSc MBACP)
I am a qualified and experienced counsellor working from welcoming counselling rooms in North Bristol where I offer a supportive and safe space to talk.
My aim is to build a strong and trusting relationship with you through which you feel comfortable to talk at your own pace. I will listen to you without judgement but with compassion and respect. We will work together to understand your story. We might explore ways to heal the hurt of the past, overcome obstacles in the present and set goals for the future. I can support you in learning to like who you are and help you feel empowered to make positive changes in your life.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I am a fully qualified counsellor (FdSc Bristol University 2010)
- I have a wealth of experience gained in both private and agency settings.
- I am a registered member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists and as such abide by the BACP code of practice and ethics.
- I am registered with the Professional Standards Authority
I am committed to ensuring that I am continuously updating my knowledge and training/ This has included specialist courses in the following fields:
- Depression and Anxiety
- Creative counselling skills
- Working with family dynamics
- Attachment and Shame
- Manager Anger and Fear
- Advanced safeguarding for vulnerable adults and children
- Addictions and eating disorders
- Sexual Abuse and trauma
I welcome clients of all genders, ethnicity, culture, sexuality and religion.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
I understand that finding a counsellor you feel comfortable with is important. I will offer you a free initial meeting. This is a chance for you to find out more about me and discuss how counselling might help you. There is no obligation to continue with counselling after this meeting.
If you do wish to continue after this meeting we will arrange a weekly time to meet. Sessions last for one hour and cost £40. We can set a specific time frame for your counselling or you may wish to keep it open ended
I offer concessions for students and senior citizens.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client