Lorraine Mead Dip/Psych/Couns (MBACP)
- My past and current employment within the NHS and other agencies for 19 years, has lent itself significantly to the experience and knowledge I have with the following;
- Addictions Alcohol and Drug dependence,
- PTSD and Serious Physical Injury.
- Depression, Anxiety, Trauma, Abuse.
- Sexual/Psychological Abuse.
- Serious Sexual/ Physical assault.
- Sexuality, Culteral Diversity.
- Domestic violence
- Dysfunctional families
- Relationship Breakdown
- Maternal Deprivation.
- Self Harm/ eating Disorders/Compulsions.
- Enduring mental Health issues.
- Palliative care
My 17 year background of working in acute Mental Health and Substance Misuse, wards, Rehabilitation Centres and community based Projects has introduced me to many situations and diverse cultures, I am an experienced abuse worker allowing my knowledge to be firm in foundation but flexible in professional application.
I currently hold an enhanced CRB disclosure.
I am a registered member of the BACP ( British Association for Counselling and psychotherapy) and adhere to their Ethical Framework for good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy. www.bacp.co.uk. I am happy to accomodate short term interventions or long term if a client wishes to explore at a deeper level.
At any time throughout our contract you can discontinue the sessions if you feel the service is not what you require.
Essentially my work is for the over 18yrs clients, however I am willing to discuss the possibilities of a varying age group.
Sessions are weekly and last for 50 minutes.
I respect the anxieties attached to engaging with Counselling/Pyschotherapy so I am happy to take time to talk you through the process. All enquiries will be met empathically and confidentially.
Training, qualifications & experience
Diploma in Humanistic Counselling and Psychotherapy.(MBCAP Registered) 2014
Counselling Level 3 2012
NVQ Assessor ED1 2009
Group Facilitation 2006
Auricular Acupuncture 2006
NVQ Level 3 Promoting Health & Independence.2004
Domestic Violence/ Working with Perpetrators 2009
Substance Misuse/Alcohol/Drugs Practitioner 2004
Motivational Interviewing 2004
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
My fee is £40 per hour.
Group work fee's are negotiable.
Students Welcome fee's negotiable.
I have worked as a practitioner for 19yrs, my varying work roles have introduced me to many client issues, entrenched behaviours, emotional loss and the impact of diverse cultures and living in multi-cultural environments.
I have worked on Hospital wards, covering all levels of care and client needs.
My working career in the caring community started 19 years ago delivering Palliative Care to clients in their own homes. This was the beginning of my journey towards Counselling and Psychotherapy.
As a qualified group facilitator I am confident to deliver group therapy in a number of settings.
I can travel to a venue for group work if required.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am flexible to meet my client needs, I am happy to take evening and weekend appointments. I am happy to travel.
Types of client