Lorna Thompson, MSc, MBACP
I have many years of experience working with people who are suffering. Sharing difficult feelings and experiences within a confidential space can help to shift perspectives, alter how you feel about things and open up possibilities.
Over the years, I have helped clients with the following issues:
- Relationship difficulty/breakdown
- Despair, loneliness and isolation
- Depression and feelings of hopelessness
- Coping with chronic illness
- Feelings of not being able to move forwards
- Low self-worth
Much of how I work is underpinned by a belief in the uniqueness of each person and how they experience the world and others around them. In therapy, this individuality and any issues that have arisen, can be explored with support and care.The relationship between therapist and client is a crucial aspect of the therapeutic process and is in part what allows the thinking and the feelings that arise, to be dealt with in new ways.We can decide together whether what is needed is a brief intervention for a current life event, crisis or situation, or whether longer term work might be helpful.
I am a member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and work within their ethical framework for good practice.
I work in West London, W4, in a therapeutic space that is easily accessible by public transport; there is also pay-and-display parking nearby.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc, Counselling and Psychotherapy, University of Roehampton (accredited by the UPCA and the UKCP)
- Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Member of the Universities for Psychotherapy and Counselling Association (UPCA, organisational member of the UKCP)
- MSc Sports Medicine
I am currently researching a PhD into the mind-body relationship within therapeutic practice.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Physical abuse
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
£60 per 50 min session. Some consessions are available depending upon individual circumstances.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer weekday sessions but at present I have no evening availability.
Types of client