Loraine Cairns - Registered MBACP (Accred); Member EMDR UK & Ireland
I am an experienced therapist and am passionate about this profession. I work as a BACP accredited counsellor and psychotherapist, and as an EMDR therapist, but the bottom line is I work with you, and the therapeutic relationship of trust and respect that we build underpins all that we do.
My integrative training is a thoughtful blend of respected theoretical approaches. At the centre of it is relationship – the relationship we have with our selves, others, and the world in which we live.
It may be that you have a clear idea of why you are considering counselling or EMDR - or perhaps you are wishing to explore a more general feeling you have, which is causing you concern, distress or just plain curiosity. I offer a safe and appropriate space for such exploration. This may be short-term and targeted or longer term and in more depth. Either way, counselling is an opportunity to take time for yourself; time to explore, discover, heal, change… and sometimes simply ‘be’ alongside your Self in the context of an ethical and professional relationship.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BACP accredited Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- IIPA (International Integrative Psychotherapy Association) Certified Integrative Psychotherapist
- EMDR Therapist (EMDR Europe accredited training)
- CPCAB Level 6 Certificate in Therapeutic Counselling Supervision
- Cruse Bereavement Care/Ascentis National Awarding Body: Awareness in Bereavement Care Foundation Course
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education
My experience in the field of counselling and psychotherapy ranges from being a student, a client, a tutor, a practitioner and a supervisor – so I have a 360 degree perspective!
I continue to broaden and deepen my professional development with a range of courses, workshops and activities.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
£45 per 60 minute session
- Concessions discretionary
- Non-binding initial consultation
- Sessions flexible
For further information:
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Supervision & training
At the heart of supervision is a professional and ethical commitment to safety and best practice.