Lopa Vibhakar UKCP Reg. Couple & Family Psychotherapist
I am a UKCP registered Couple and Family Psychotherapist with 30 years of experience of working with Individuals, couples and families.
I work with couples and families who want to improve their relationships. Most importantly couples and families don't have to wait till relationships are in trouble, it is always good to take stock of your relationship to have a preventative process rather then curing it.
I also work with individuals who have difficulties in their couple relationship and the partner does not want to come to therapy.
My approach is to create a safe and supportive atmosphere that enables effective and clear communication which allows a better understanding of the dilemmas. Although it is important to look at how the past has impacted on the present, my focus is to work alongside with you to move forward.
I have many years of experience working with people in these
- Couple & Marital difficulties
- Coping with illness and disability
- Difficulties as a result of life cycle change, i.e. Birth, illness, Marriage, Death etc.
- Impact of Depression on your life or others
- Impact of one partner diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome on couple/ family relationships
- Ongoing conflict within a relationship
- Challenges of managing mixed Race relationships
- Working with couples with a partner suffering from Dementia
- Managing Divorce/Separation
- to build relationships after a traumatic event/s
- Same Sex Relationships
I have extensive experience in working with adult families who are:
- Managing and adjusting to live as a step-family
- Experiencing difficulties in managing with a member of the family suffering from old age problems, i.e. Dementia, Alzheimer's etc.
- Experiencing difficulties with a member of the family suffering from mental illness.
- Experiencing separation anxiety from adult Children leaving home.
I specialize in supporting people with cancer and their relatives, as it can be very difficult to manage emotions and feelings when diagnosed with cancer and the impact on relationships. My approach is two fold: psychological and nutritional to enhances a healthy lifestyle.
I also specialize in supporting pregnant women & partners, new mothers and their partners to work through this transitional and important period of life. I have particular experience of working with mental health issues during these period of pre & postpartum.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc Systemic Couple and Family Psychotherapy
- MSc Occupational and Organisational Psychology
- UKCP Registered Systemic Couple & Family Psychotherapist
Lead Systemic Couple & Family Psychotherapy Service in Adult Mental Health: North London.
Partner at HSFocus which provides Psychotherapy, Clinical Psychology, Counseling Psychology service to Adults age 17 - 100.
HSFocus also provides Corporate Well Being workshops.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Borderline personality disorder
- Dependent personality disorder
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I offer Individual, Couple and Family Therapy with a relative diagnosed with cancer.
I offer Couple and Family Therapy for to be mothers and new mothers and their partners.
60 minute session for individual psychotherapy: £110
60 minute session for Couple psychotherapy: £150
90 minute session for Family psychotherapy: £170
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Hindi, Gujarati and Bengali|
Thursdays/Fridays all day and evenings & Saturday AM
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|