I am a BACP Registered and Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist, with over 17years qualified experience, and in that time I have worked extensively with children, young people and adults in a variety of settings. Building a trusting relationship together, in a safe, confidential space is at the heart of what I do. It is within this relationship that meaningful change can take place and lead to more fulfilling lives.
My specialist area is working with young people and children, having practised as a school counsellor for many years. I also provide counselling to school staff, such as teachers and teaching assistants.
When working with children and young people, I encourage parents and carers to be involved as much as possible, whilst respecting the confidentiality and autonomy of your child. My approach is creative and play based. I am a qualified Parent/Child therapist, and hold an Enhanced DBS certificate.
I also offer supervision to counsellors who are working with children and young people in various settings, including volunteer and student counsellors undertaking placements.
I hold full Indemnity insurance
Please telephone or e-mail me to ask any questions you may have or to arrange an initial session where you can meet me and decide how you feel about working together.
Training, qualifications & experience
Since 2006 I have worked in both Primary and Secondary schools as a Specialist School Counsellor, firstly within the NHS, and later within my own business. I also worked in Out of School Learning settings and Pupil Referral Units, with students unable to attend mainstream school for medical or behavioural reasons.
I have worked with young people in the voluntary sector, setting up and running advice and information services, and also as a counsellor.
I worked for Relate from 2006 to 2010, exclusively with children and young people in schools.
I’ve worked in private practice with children and people of all ages, from 8 to 80 since 2001, and within adult low cost counselling services, taking on referrals from GPs.
As a supervisor, I offer clinical supervision to individuals and groups, in particular to counsellors of children and young people, and have supervised volunteer and student counsellors and psychotherapists who are undertaking placements.
- Diploma in Parent/Child Therapy (Centre for Child Mental Health 2013/14)
- Becoming a Supervisor for Existing Youth Counsellors (Youth Access 2012-13)
- Certificate in Counselling with Children using the Arts (Centre for Child Mental Health 2009/10)
- Staying Brief with Children and Families (Brief Therapy Practice 2007)
- Relate – Working with Young People (2006)
- BA Counselling (North East Surrey 2005)
- Introduction to Solution Focused Brief Therapy (Brief Therapy Practice 2004)
- Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapeutic Counselling (BACP Accredited course, Crawley College 2000/02)
- European Diploma in Counselling (Crawley College 2002)
- OCR Certificate in Counselling skills in the Development of Learning (Crawley College 2000)
- Interpersonal Skills for work with Young People (Trust for the Study of Adolescence, 2000)
- Counselling and Communication Skills parts 1,2and3. (Crawley College 1998)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Relationship problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
£45 - Concessions negotiable
Young people 18 to 25 and students £35
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer evening appointments as well as daytime
Types of client