Lisa Woods MBACP
I am a qualified Therapeutic Counsellor and work with a warmth and empathy that embraces the entirety of your being. Offering a confidential sanctuary, I work within the ethical framework of the BACP to ensure a safe working practice.
I have been working therapeutically with clients for the last 19 years as a Holistic Therapist. It was a nudge from clients that led to me training as a counsellor when they let it out of the bag that they came to see me as much for my listening ear and empathic approach as for the treatments. Since qualifying I have worked with a wide range of issues including Bereavement, Childhood Sexual Abuse, Rape, Domestic Violence, Depression and Relationship Difficulties.
My approach is Transpersonal, Integrative and intuitive and engages with the energy of the relationship, offering you a variety of approaches to aid you in accessing your deeper self. This may include Meditation, Guided Visualisation, Intuitive Process, Body Awareness and Creative Expression as well as the positive therapeutic effects of having your story both heard and valued.
What I aim to offer is a space that is warm, caring and welcoming. Somewhere that invites you to open and explore the depths of your being without fear of judgement, giving tender vulnerability a chance to be heard and valued. You may as a result experience a freeing up that allows you to access that deep and insightful wisdom that you carry within, helping you to make life decisions that both support and empower you.
My work as a Counsellor has been both a fascinating and colourful journey that has taken me from agency work to overseas to teaching counselling at Wiltshire College, before I decided to go into private practice. I currently organise and run self awareness workshops and retreats at various venues around the country as well as offering body therapies to support clients well being. My recent training as a shamanic practitioner has served to deepen my passion for the depths of the personal and collective stories we all share.
Training, qualifications & experience
Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
CPD Training Certificates
- Warrior in the Heart Shamanic Practitioners Certificate
- Revival Support Services: Working with adults who experienced Sexual Trauma as Children.
- Holistic Partnerships:The psychology of Spiritual Emergence
- Seachange Domestic Violence Training:How the perpetrator operates
- BASPACAN: Working with vulnerable teenagers: Addressing Substance Misuse, Self Harm and Suicide.
- Sue Parker Hall Consultancy: Anger, Rage and Relationship
- Victim Support: Supporting victims of Domestic Violence
- Splitz Support Services: Domestic Abuse and Its impact on Children
- Cross Cultural Solutions: Participation in volunteer abroad Program
Group Facilitator for SARA [Survivors after Rape and Abuse]
Group Facilitator for Making Changes Splitz Support Services
Counsellor at Revival Support Services.
Counsellor at Southside Family project.
Counselling Tutor at Wiltshire College.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- £35 for one hour session on a one to one Basis.
- £35 per hour Online counselling via Skype.
- Concessionary rates are available.
An initial 50 minute consultation is offered at a reduced fee of £15 so we can meet to discuss your needs.
Working from home, I am located in Frome in the peaceful and beautiful setting of Spring Gardens. The view from the window is one of nature. Parking is available nearby.
If you would like further information pleasefeel free to contact me or browse my website. www.inspiredbeing.co.uk
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and Evening appointments.