Hi, my name is Lisa and I am a fully qualified person centred counsellor with over nine years qualified experience within my profession, however, I have over fourteen years experience of working, training and volunteering within the mental health sector. I am also a registered member of the BACP.
The name of my organisation is Timeout Counselling, and is based in Scotter, and Scunthorpe therefore, close to Scunthorpe, Gainsborough, Brigg, Grimsby, Hull, and surrounding areas.
My main emphasis of work is to facilitate you in gaining a deeper understanding of self and your emotions. The sessions are client lead, both in counselling and in counselling supervision, with the security of professional boundaries in place.
I am available Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings, and some flexibility Tuesday and Thursday daytimes. I also have appointments on a Saturday. If you are interested in finding out more information then please feel free to check out my website, timeout counselling, and my LinkedIn profile.
I also offer
Confidence building courses
Stress Management courses
locally and for organisations.
shortly, I will be running mindfulness classes.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA Hons Degree in Counselling studies
- Diploma in Counselling Supervision
Diploma in working therapeutically with children and young people
- Certificate of proficiency (BACP)
- psychology qualification
- Level 1 and 2 in Counselling skills and theory
- Level 3 in Counselling skills and theory
- 2016 mental health capacity
- 2017 BACP certificate of attendance working with bereaved clients
- 2017 BACP certificate working with addiction
- 2017 safeguarding training
- 2017 volunteers and the law.
- 2017 online CBT diploma
- 2017 MindEd website
- Mental health level 2
- Mental capacity
- Domestic Violence
- Gender identity
- Feminist therapy
- Eating disorders
- Self harm
- Anger management
- Safeguarding in adults and children
diploma in counselling children and young people
Death Café training
Gender awareness training
safeguarding in education
Btec level 3 in teacher / training
diploma in working with bereavement ( trained with Cruse )
County lines and prevent awareness training
Covid 19 work place safety training
changing Landscape's working in schools and colleges Webinar (BACP )
working in uncertain times Webinar ( BACP )
Rewind Trauma training
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Concessions offered for
- All assessments are £20 for a £45 minute appointment for private paying clients.
- £30 per hour for one to one counselling appointment Private paying clients.
- NOTE: for EAP and other Organisations I do charge between £45 - £90 per session. as well as further costs for paperwork/ reports that are required.
- £50 per hour for a couple or a family appointment (over 18's)
- £30 per hour for counselling students on placement (supervision)
- £35 per hour for qualified counsellors (supervision)
- £25 per 45 minutes for a child under 17
- Discounts available for all students, those on low income and OAPs
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings.
Saturday daytime 10:00 to 3:00pm
Unfortunately, I have no availability until August 2021