Lisa Walford MA(Counselling) MBACP (Accredited)
Thank you for viewing my profile. I’m an experienced, registered and BACP accredited Person Centred Counsellor & Psychotherapist. I have a wealth of experience & expertise working with adults & Young People (adolescents). I aim to help people understand, manage & overcome whatever the issue is that has brought them to counselling & ultimately improve their quality of life. My aim is to ensure that clients feel safe & supported to talk through & explore the difficulties they are facing, which is why I offer genuine acceptance, empathy & a non-judgemental approach. I have extensive experience in working both short term and long term.
I specialise in working with clients that have experienced or witnessed Trauma & Abuse, as well as with clients suffering from anxiety, panic attacks, depression, self-harm & dissociative disorders. I have a proactive approach to therapy which incorporates, when relevant, psycho-education to help clients understand the impact that trauma has on emotional, physical and mental well-being. Where beneficial, I teach specific skills/techniques to help clients manage symptoms of their distress & offer a safe space for clients to express & explore difficult thoughts and feelings. I work with clients from 14 years through to adults, & where appropriate or requested, client’s families. I also work with couples.
I work from a Private & tranquil purpose-built counselling room on the outskirts of Norwich with ample free parking. I regularly monitor progress to ensure that counselling is effective & beneficial for each client. I regularly attend Continuing Professional Development Training to keep up to date with the latest research outcomes & therapeutic interventions to give my clients the most effective therapy that I can offer.
To get started, just send me an email (email@example.com) or give me a call/text (07307 859876) for a free, no-obligation chat or to arrange an initial consultation/assessment.
In that first session, we will meet to discuss what brings you to therapy & address any questions or concerns you might have. If you decide to continue, we can then arrange a regular time and day of the week that works for you.
I know how important it is to find the right counsellor which is why I offer the initial/assessment session (up to 1 hour) for £30 so that you can decide if what I offer feels right for you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Degree of Master of Arts in Counselling - University of East Anglia (2014)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Child and Young People IAPT Therapy Systemic Family Practice (UCL) 2018.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling - University of East Anglia (UEA) 2013.
- Certificate in Person Centred Counselling - University of East Anglia (UEA) 2012.
- Foundation Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Skills - (UEA) 2012.
- Foundation Certificate in Counselling Skills - (UEA) 2011.
- Foundation Certificate in Counselling Theory - (UEA) 2011.
- Foundation Course in Understanding & working with Dissociation - 2013.
- CPD - Working with Dissociative Disorders in Clinical Practice - 2019.
- CPD - Working with Relational Trauma: Dealing with Disorganised Attachment - 2015.
- CPD - Mental Health & the Body: Treating Trauma - 2019.
- CPD - Understanding & Supporting Children & Young people with Conduct & Behavioural Difficulties - 2013.
Worked as a counsellor with adults at a local charity that provides support for people who have experienced sexual, emotional and physical abuse - 2013-2014.
(Current) Working in Private Practice with Adults and Young people.
(Current) Working as a Youth Counsellor with 11yrs - 25yrs for a leading Mental Health charity in Norwich since 2013.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- £30 for Initial/assessment session (up to 1 hour)
- £40 for 1 hour session (Individual therapy)
- £55 for 1 hour 15 mins (couples or family sessions)
Please feel free to contact me to find out more or ask any questions.
I can be contacted without obligation for a confidential, informal chat by e-mail, text or telephone.
For clients under 18 it can understandably be quite a new process to start counselling so I would recommend that the young person be accompanied by a responsible adult on their first visit.
- I hold an advanced DBS certificate
- I am trained in adult and young person safeguarding
- As a registered and accredited member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP), I am bound by their Ethical Framework