Lisa Walford MA(Counselling) MBACP (Accredited)
Thank you for viewing my profile. I’m an experienced, registered and BACP accredited Person Centred Counsellor & Psychotherapist. I have a wealth of experience & expertise working with Young People (adolescents), as well as working with adults. I aim to help people understand, manage & overcome whatever the issue is that has brought them to counselling & ultimately improve their quality of life. My aim is to ensure that clients feel safe & supported to explore the difficulties they are facing, which is why I offer genuine acceptance, empathy & a non-judgemental approach. I have extensive experience in working both short term and long term.
I specialise in working with clients that have experienced or witnessed Trauma & Abuse, as well as with clients suffering from anxiety, panic attacks, depression, self-harm & dissociative disorders. I have a proactive approach to therapy which incorporates, when relevant, psycho-education to help clients understand the impact that trauma has on emotional, physical and mental well-being. Where beneficial, I teach specific skills/techniques to help clients manage symptoms of their distress & offer a safe space for clients to express & explore difficult thoughts and feelings. I work with clients from 11 years through to adults, & where appropriate or requested, client’s families.
I work from a Private & tranquil purpose-built counselling room on the outskirts of Norwich with ample free parking. I regularly monitor progress to ensure that counselling is effective & beneficial for each client. I regularly attend Continuing Professional Development Training to keep up to date with the latest research outcomes & therapeutic interventions to give my clients the most effective therapy that I can offer.
To get started, just send me an email (email@example.com) or give me a call (07307 859876) for a free, no-obligation chat or to arrange an initial consultation/assessment.
In that first session, we will meet to discuss what brings you to therapy & address any questions or concerns you might have. If you decide to continue, we can then arrange a regular time and day of the week that works for you.
I know how important it is to find the right counsellor which is why I offer the initial/assessment session (up to 1 hour) for £30 so that you can decide if what I offer feels right for you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Degree of Master of Arts in Counselling - University of East Anglia (2014)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Child and Young People IAPT Therapy Systemic Family Practice (UCL) 2018.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling - University of East Anglia (UEA) 2013.
- Certificate in Person Centred Counselling - University of East Anglia (UEA) 2012.
- Foundation Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Skills - (UEA) 2012.
- Foundation Certificate in Counselling Skills - (UEA) 2011.
- Foundation Certificate in Counselling Theory - (UEA) 2011.
- Foundation Course in Understanding & working with Dissociation - 2013.
- CPD - Working with Dissociative Disorders in Clinical Practice - 2019.
- CPD - Working with Relational Trauma: Dealing with Disorganised Attachment - 2015.
- CPD - Mental Health & the Body: Treating Trauma - 2019.
- CPD - Understanding & Supporting Children & Young people with Conduct & Behavioural Difficulties - 2013.
Worked as a counsellor with adults at a local charity that provides support for people who have experienced sexual, emotional and physical abuse - 2013-2014.
(Current) Working in Private Practice with Adults and Young people.
(Current) Working as a Youth Counsellor with 11yrs - 25yrs for a leading Mental Health charity in Norwich since 2013.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Photos & videos
- Initial/assessment session (up to 1 hour) £30
- £40 for 1 hour session
Please feel free to contact me to find out more or ask any questions.
I can be contacted without obligation for a confidential, informal chat by e-mail, text or telephone.
For clients under 18 it can understandably be quite a new process to start counselling so I would recommend that the young person be accompanied by a responsible adult on their first visit.
- I hold an advanced DBS certificate
- I am trained in adult and young person safeguarding
- As a registered and accredited member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP), I am bound by their Ethical Framework
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer daytime appointments Mondays, Tuesdays & Friday’s.
I offer evening appointments on Tuesdays & Fridays.
Types of client